My 220 + 120 Gallon System

theyangman

Distinguished Member
Re: My 220 Gallon

Woah.....

I'll buy the worm clamps and replace them over time if they rust..... Better than those plastic ones Jerry....

theyangman

Distinguished Member

SG took a bit of a hit and rose to 1.027-28 last night. Not sure where I over shot the system, but testing this morning showed a definite spike in the SG. (tested both sides to make sure)

Now the task of moving fish over..... First to hop ship will be the lion fish and then whatever damsels I can eventually catch.... but that might be a job and a half....

nexusnight

U can buy stainless worm clamps and they won't rust for a long time. Likely that u will never need to replace them befor u upgrade to another tank, seeing as we all desire that dream tank someday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KBennett

When you feed your fish with cubes, strain the frozen shrimp or whatever in a fish net and use that to feed them.  Just let the food drift out of the net.
Within a week, every fish in your tank they'll be diving in the net.

theyangman

Distinguished Member
KBennett link said:
When you feed your fish with cubes, strain the frozen shrimp or whatever in a fish net and use that to feed them.  Just let the food drift out of the net.
Within a week, every fish in your tank they'll be diving in the net.

I walked up to the tank last night and grabbed the flake food and it bought all the fish to the front of the tank as per usual. I casually put the net in, just to see what would happen.

You would have thought it was the equivalent to a gun shot going off in the tank. EVERYBODY just scattered and flew away from the scene, not a fish to be seen. They have seen a net before and know what it means. lol. This is going to be a pita....

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
My fish had netphobia too. Tried everything.  Instead I  just drained all the water out of my tank to catch the live stock in my 120. Fish where happy to see the net when they only had a few inches to swim in.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk

AdInfinitum

Super Active Member
You can borrow the fish trap I got from JT if you like.  It is fantastic and I'm not using it at the moment...

Just let me know and I'll drop it off when I'm in town.

theyangman

Distinguished Member
AdInfinitum link said:
You can borrow the fish trap I got from JT if you like.  It is fantastic and I'm not using it at the moment...

Just let me know and I'll drop it off when I'm in town.

:D

Perfect! What days are you in town??????

theyangman

Distinguished Member
degehada.jpg

Settling in nicely if I do say so myself!

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

theyangman

Distinguished Member
The two clowns who usually hang around my green torch have wandered over and I think they might be contemplating an upgrade in living arrangements.  Lol

jroovers

Super Active Member
theyangman link said:
The two clowns who usually hang around my green torch have wandered over and I think they might be contemplating an upgrade in living arrangements.  Lol

My tomato clowns hosted in that thing forever, even when I added a BTA they stuck with the hammer, I wouldn't be surprised if they moved.

theyangman

Distinguished Member
My two clowns are really aggressive to me when I put my hand in the tank. If i am anywhere near them the fat one does a kamikaze dive bomb at my hand. Mean little bastards.

jroovers

Super Active Member
theyangman link said:
My two clowns are really aggressive to me when I put my hand in the tank. If i am anywhere near them the fat one does a kamikaze dive bomb at my hand. Mean little bastards.

My tomatoes were like that too.  It was the smaller male that was more aggressive, any time I got my hand near the hammer he would strike.  He usually broke the skin and would leave multiple bleeding bite marks on my hand - nothing major, but pretty impressive for such a small fish.  You can certainly see how the anemone (or other host) benefits from having the clown live in it and protect it.