My 35 gallon corner.

Big_Als_London

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Hello All,

So today after over 2 years of not having a home aquarium, I set up this 35 gallon.  I plan on keeping it pretty simple to start and eventually moving to some sps corals.  I will have my lighting this weekend thanks to copperkills ( the tank is from him as well.)  Any ways the tank is a little hazy but it is a start. I have been anxious for quite some time now to set something up again so here it is.

022-1.jpg

I will be adding a little more live rock in the next couple of days.

Thanks for reading
Aaron

Z

Zakk

Is that the one I passed on because it wasn't drilled?  Damn, that looks pretty good!  ;D

Big_Als_London

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Today was almost like Christmas for me.  I got my 250 MH Thanks Copperkills and I got my Vortech MP40W.  I plan on blowing the fish out of the water with that pump.

C

copperkills

I think that MP40 is a little strong for that tank....so Ill trade you for my MP10ES... thats fair!!

Big_Als_London

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
copperkills link said:
I think that MP40 is a little strong for that tank....so Ill trade you for my MP10ES... thats fair!!
Ha ha ha ha  I will need it when I do a 120 next year.  At least that is the goal when my wife goes back to work after her mat leave.

Big_Als_London

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Phi I will probably start off doing a mix reef and go from there.  There will be a couple of SPS going in there, but it will be some time before that happens.

Here are a couple of pictures the first is with the halides on.  It needs a new halide bulb and I need to hang the unit.  I think I am going to hang it about 12".
002.jpg

And with the actinics
007.jpg

I added a couple more pieces of live rock to the tank.  I am not sure if I am done adding liverock.  I need to look at it for a few days to see if I like the aquascaping.

Hopefully I will have my parts for my protein skimmer next week and I can get that setup soon.

Thanks for reading
Aaron

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
Less is more when it comes to live rock..... :eek:  Leave room for the corals to grow.  Personally I would have gone a little less than what you already have.  Peri-mid shape was a good idea though.....lots of coral mounting space.

Big_Als_London

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
I keep making subtle changes to my aquascaping.  I just can't get it to where I am totally happy.  I imagine in the next couple of months before I add any corals it will change a few more times. It is cell phone picture again mainly because I am too lazy to charge my camera battery tonight.
IMG_20120207_211931.jpg

C

copperkills

Swap the top piece with the bottom middle piece! I know that bottom middle piece, I put it in your shark tank sump to hold for me but I forgot to pick it up!

P

phi delt reefer

Whats the plans in terms of equipment?

Ull be able to keep sps at the bottom of that tank with that 250w halide

Big_Als_London

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
phi delt reefer link said:
Whats the plans in terms of equipment?

Ull be able to keep sps at the bottom of that tank with that 250w halide
Not much more equipment at the moment.  I have a coralife 125 skimmer that I am waiting on new parts for.  That will be going on the tank.  I plan on using water from the water depot as I really don't want to spend the money on an RODI unit at the moment.  I have the vortech mp40w already in the tank as well as an eheim 2213 which I will most likely use for GFO.  I have a 2nd canister that I will probably through on for carbon or I will use a small hang of the back filter.  I don't really want to spend a lot of money on this system as I am trying to save up for my 120 that I want to try and convince the wife to let me purchase next year.  We have a baby due the beginning of April so a lot of our money will be used for bills and such when my wife is on Mat leave.