My 35 gallon corner.

P

phi delt reefer

Aaron, have a look at getting the aquaclear 110 filter and upgraded media basket from mediabaskets.com. You can fit a tunze nano skimmer, chemi pure elite, purigen, filter floss and a couple heaters in there and it will maintain a sleek profile on your tank. The upgraded basket is awesome and forces flow through all the media and filters.

Theres a reason no one here uses the Coralife skimmer ;)

Big_Als_London

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
That is pretty sexy. I am just not sure if the AC 110 will fit across the side as I still would like to have the glass lid on the tank.  I will have to do some measuring to make sure it will fit. The 125 skimmer was bought from an old member of MACL. He did have it modded and it worked pretty good.  He was an avid poster on aquariumpros for years than decided to sell everything off.  His name was reefermadness. I think if I remember correctly he was reefermadness before Darryl was reefer_madness.

Z

Zakk

Is there a glass front on this?  If so, is it easy to order one that's drilled?  I just love the look of this thing, I can't get over it, but I'd want a sump... Can you guys order something like this (drilled) ?

Big_Als_London

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Zakk link said:
Is there a glass front on this?  If so, is it easy to order one that's drilled?  I just love the look of this thing, I can't get over it, but I'd want a sump... Can you guys order something like this (drilled) ?
It is a glass front.  This tank never came drilled.  I don't think all-glass drilled anything smaller then 55 gallons.  Unfortunately Big Al's discontinued this product so it is very hard for me to get anything for the corner tanks.  I stepped on my glass lid and I can't replace it.

Big_Als_London

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Man I have no patience.
IMG_20120210_082738.jpg

Also Ty I am not sure if I like it this way but I will give it a couple of days.
IMG_20120210_124839.jpg

P

phi delt reefer

use some krylon fusion black spray paint on the plumbing of the canister filter so it blends better with the background. Its reef tank safe once it cures (a couple of days)

davesolo29

Super Active Member
Big_Als_London link said:
That is pretty sexy. I am just not sure if the AC 110 will fit across the side as I still would like to have the glass lid on the tank.  I will have to do some measuring to make sure it will fit. The 125 skimmer was bought from an old member of MACL. He did have it modded and it worked pretty good.  He was an avid poster on aquariumpros for years than decided to sell everything off.  His name was reefermadness. I think if I remember correctly he was reefermadness before Darryl was reefer_madness.
Reefer_madness.....that would be my buddy Gary Brown.  Have not seen him in a very long time.  He is the reason i got into saltwater.  without his advice and guidance i would still be doing freshwater for sure. He came and did some presentations at out club meetings.  Lots of beer and wings afterwards.  I didnt know that Darryl had become reefer_madness afterwards.

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
Big_Als_London link said:
I think if I remember correctly he was reefermadness before Darryl was reefer_madness.
Everyone thinks that was the case but I was the original reefermadness.  I first registered as that and was the only active member using a version of reefermadness and Gary changed his handle to that.....dont know why.  I got tired of people mixing us up and eventually changed my handle.

davesolo29

Super Active Member
Darryl_V link said:
[quote author=Big_Als_London link=topic=2000.msg16210#msg16210 date=1328718350] I think if I remember correctly he was reefermadness before Darryl was reefer_madness.
Everyone thinks that was the case but I was the original reefermadness.  I first registered as that and was the only active member using a version of reefermadness and Gary changed his handle to that.....dont know why.  I got tired of people mixing us up and eventually changed my handle.
[/quote]
Not to go off topic.  but thats weird.
Anyways.. tank is looking great Aaron.  I completly understand the no patience thing.  Its VERY hard to sit there and look at a pile of rocks for a long time.  I jumped the gun when i started and added lots of snails and crabs.  Had to have something moving in there.

Z

Zakk

All I know is that now I had an urge to change my name to reefer madness.  8)

teebone110

Distinguished Member
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
davesolo29 link said:
[quote author=Darryl_V link=topic=2000.msg17652#msg17652 date=1330552982]
[quote author=Big_Als_London link=topic=2000.msg16210#msg16210 date=1328718350] I think if I remember correctly he was reefermadness before Darryl was reefer_madness.
[/quote]
Not to go off topic.  but thats weird.
[/quote]

Austin Powers Gold Member - "I am from Holland, isn't that weird??"

Big_Als_London

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Ok to get back on topic.  I put my Tun.. er SWC Mini HOT on the tank tonight.  Hopefully it doesn't take to long to dial in.  When I get some good skimmate I will post some pics and also enter zakks skimmate photo of the month contest.

Big_Als_London

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
So I should update my tank since its been a little while.  I have added a couple of things to the tank now.
Perc.jpg

sandsifter.jpg

frogspawn.jpg

This little frag was totally brown when I added it to the tank.  I suck with Acro identifications and I don't remember what it was at my store.  It has been in my tank for about 2 weeks and starting to get some colour back.
frag.jpg

Also I almost have the skimmer dialed in to where I want it.  It is still skimming a little wet and I prefer a drier skimate. This skimmer is way better then anything I ever had on my previous tanks not saying much as I have had the Seaclone, Prizm, super skimmer 125 and have used the turbofloter in the past.
skimmer.jpg

Thanks for reading.

I

IrishPride

Looking good Aaron!

Pictures are awesome too.  Looks like you are getting better with each shot.

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
Looking good Aaron.  You are definitely getting better with the camera.  Hard to tell what that SPS is species wise.....maybe when it gets bigger.  Was that picture taken top down?

Big_Als_London

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Darryl_V link said:
Looking good Aaron.  You are definitely getting better with the camera.  Hard to tell what that SPS is species wise.....maybe when it gets bigger.  Was that picture taken top down?

Thanks guys.

Darryl the picture was top down.

This is where the frag came from
016.jpg

Not the best picture but its all I have I think.

Big_Als_London

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Decided to tank a shot of my rock work as I think it is finally where I want it to be.  The tank is a little hazy as I just finished a water change.
FullTank.jpg

Thanks for looking
Aaron