My Seahorse Cube And Babies

yveterinarian

Super Active Member
If you look far enough into the history of most of the H. Erectus seahorses available in Ontario the majority came from one source in the States who were willing to ship them to Canada. This includes any from SeaUMarine and Seahorse Canada and most of the private hobbyists who have purchased in the last few years. Therefore all of our seahorses are related. Each generation seems to be getting hardier and more suited to the aquarium environment. They are taking frozen foods faster and more are surviving from our batches than were even a few years ago. Seahorse.org had a few discussions about this issue and felt that they weren't seeing a lot of problems with genetic issues due to inbreeding.

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
If you look far enough into the history of most of the H. Erectus seahorses available in Ontario the majority came from one source in the States who were willing to ship them to Canada. This includes any from SeaUMarine and Seahorse Canada and most of the private hobbyists who have purchased in the last few years. Therefore all of our seahorses are related. Each generation seems to be getting hardier and more suited to the aquarium environment. They are taking frozen foods faster and more are surviving from our batches than were even a few years ago. Seahorse.org had a few discussions about this issue and felt that they weren't seeing a lot of problems with genetic issues due to inbreeding.

Yepper we are breeding super seahorses :) hopefully we dont get success rates to 100% or ill have to move into an aquarium lmao

yveterinarian

Super Active Member
Yepper we are breeding super seahorses :) hopefully we dont get success rates to 100% or ill have to move into an aquarium lmao
I hear you! My seahorse had babies again today and my daughter is mad at me because I won't be raising these ones. If I raised them all my house would sink under the weight of all those seahorse tanks!! LOL

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
well it was heart breaking seeing 10 of my beauties go but i cant keep them all lol. scubasteve seahorses are now in the beautiful facility and care of canadacorals and wow what an amazing invert system they have now and love the ipad at tank for price checking. it just brings comfort and convenience to a whole new level....

better hurry people they wont last long already trained to frozen and their recent shipment was spectacular as well.

Quartapound

ive got the sh sh sh shakes.... its sooooo cold. i think im dying....... get me some seahorse fry maaan... i need some seahorse fry maaaan. (breeder having withdrawls waiting for the male to pop) :)
Lol... there's a number you can call for things like that... Admitting you need help is not a weakness and the first step toward recovery ;)

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
my male is hoarding his babies.... still fat as all hell but this morning he was rubbing his belly on the chain link which is normally him gettin ready. just got to wait and see him start doing situps and i will know the little buggers have arrived

yveterinarian

Super Active Member
Congrats Steve. You'll have to try to count them and let us know how many he has. Hint: I scooped a few at a time into a white spoon, counted them and transferred them to the fry tank. I kept a total on a piece of paper and added them all up at the end. Hard to keep track mentally when there are over 500 to count, LOL.

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
Congrats Steve. You'll have to try to count them and let us know how many he has. Hint: I scooped a few at a time into a white spoon, counted them and transferred them to the fry tank. I kept a total on a piece of paper and added them all up at the end. Hard to keep track mentally when there are over 500 to count, LOL.

last time i got to 75 then eyes were going funky said screw it and waited till a month or so lol. We shall see. Should post a pic of them all in 4 cup measuring cup whoever guesses right first gets a discount ;)

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
my seahorse musta been listening to my music when i was playing guns n roses.... shes a little confused tho its suppose to be bed of roses not bed of sponges lmao.....
20160115_084535.jpg

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
yayyyyyy finally after much waiting and alot of false puffing up i finally have more babies :) if he is up to his usual schedule i should get 2 more batches over the next 3 months before the guy takes a break lol
20160118_141408.jpg