Neo's 120gal Display - Basement Sump

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
:) IF you guys are ever in Sarnia send me a PM :)
AS far as the plumbing parts go.
I went from 1" slip to 1" threadedMale adaptor.... Put a ball Valve on that.  Then threaded a 1"threaded male to 1/2" threaded female and into that the 1/2 in pipe thread to john guest adaptor.  I am just guessing what the sizes are but thats how i did it and have a pic being posted shortly

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
if you use schedule 40 PVC you can skip all those adaptors and just make your manifold out of a length of pvc and then drill and tap your holes for the john guest fittings, use telfon and thread them right in the pipe.. much cleaner looking and alot cheaper.. you just get the john guest valve with male threads on one end.

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
they are the quick connect fittings.  Just known as John Guest fittings.
Here is a video of things I have changed.  Just ignore the constant focusing by the lens lol.

Apex system and iphone app demo shown.

The skimmer running is tied directly to the status of the main pump... If the main pump[ shuts off so does the skimmer. Keeps it from over flowing but on start up there is an extra 6" of water in the sump so I need to delay start up until that water level has been sucked down.  If not that bubble blaster pump pushes enough water out the top that it has knocked the lid off the skimmer cup in the past

Top up solenoid runs for about an hour each day.  The tds read 0 with in 45 seconds so i cna deal with an ounze of 3 tds water getting into my tank.  I figure i coudl run for about 10 years with no issue:)
http://s247.photobucket.com/albums/gg143/davidolb/Random%20Vids/?action=view&current=DSC_1915.mp4

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
still running fishless upstairs.  Well trying too .. there are 2 fish I cant catch.  Once those are caught then I going to let it sit fallow for 2 months.  The rest of the fish are downstairs in Hypo.  I through some of that seachem stability into the biopellets buts was just going to let them run.  Did no know that i was supposed to fed them :)

I figured in 2 months they would develop cultures with out much outside help.

teebone110

Distinguished Member
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Neopimp link said:
I through some of that seachem stability into the biopellets buts was just going to let them run.  Did no know that i was supposed to fed them :)

I figured in 2 months they would develop cultures with out much outside help.

My recommendation would be to increase your bioload in your tank or things will get out of balance, leading to potential problems with cyano, etc... I'm not familiar with "seachem stability," but not sure it does the same thing.

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
probably shut the reactor down for a while then.. not expecting more fish for a while

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
Ya my bio load is next to nothing lol. Thanks for the advice.

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
So my AC in the house has been dead for a month and I have watched my tank crest at 89degrees and hit 87 regularly.  Needless to say its starting to take it toll on stuff.  I found my emerald crab being carried around by my urchin, dead.  Some of the sps are starting to look white and brown loosing color.  And it seems to have kick started alot algae growth on the glass. 
If the AC guys take much longer I am drilling a hole in the freezer next to the sump and running a long coil of hose through it and back to tank.  Control it with a solenoid valve. :) I dotn really want to drill a hoel in the frigde but itdoes sound liek fun and is a real cheap chiller :)