Letsdiscus

Welcome home "Miracles Aquarium" Custom 70 gallon Starphire glass aquarium....

Attachments

• IMG_6481.JPG
    IMG_6481.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 265
  • IMG_6480.JPG
    IMG_6480.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 261

Letsdiscus

Looking good, I've always loved the fit and finish of a Miracles tank.

If theirs not a retailer near you I think you can go direct. http://www.miraclesaquariums.com/
Its best to go directly and meet Derek. But do call him for an appointment prior going as he is mostly on the move with deliveries and install. Thier workshop is located in a small Town of mono. Drive is beautiful across the farms.

Canadianeh

I have 4 months old 40 gallon IM tank, and looking at their website I kinda regret it that I didn't go for a bigger longer tank from them. LOL

Letsdiscus

who sells this? What's the dimension? Price? :)

This is from MIracales Aquarium located at Town of Mono. Its a bit ahead of Brampton.Contact Derek..

Dimensions are L- 50" x W-18" x H-15". i got it for aro $1500 plus taxes

3 sides STarphire.
Again - its a custom 5 hole overflow with full surface skimming hence no centre or corner overflow boxes

Letsdiscus

This is from MIracales Aquarium located at Town of Mono. Its a bit ahead of Brampton.Contact Derek..

3 sides STarphire.
Again - its a custom 5 hole overflow with full surface skimming hence no centre or corner overflow boxes
also i preferred it Euro brace this time hoping to not keep any covers on top as against my previous 90galllon cube. Had a few losses with jumpers then..

Canadianeh

3 sides STarphire.

It looks like an AIO tank. Is it AIO tank?

Canadianeh

not sure whats AIO but can relate to "All in One" tank. but no. its not. I have a separate 55 gallon acrylic sump from my previous 90 gallon build which is still housing my live stock in interim..

oh ok. Sorry for my stupid question but what's the purpose of having the wall to wall surface skimmer in the tank which also serves as room divider between the front display and back? I see some tanks who use sump has clear back wall instead of like yours

Letsdiscus

oh ok. Sorry for my stupid question but what's the purpose of having the wall to wall surface skimmer in the tank which also serves as room divider between the front display and back? I see some tanks who use sump has clear back wall instead of like yours

Well. I preferred the wall to wall surface skimming for more efficient flow as with previous experience wth the external overflow attached to the centre i was not too happy with the way the surface skimming was happening.

Besides, the initial plan for the new tank was to place it on main level like my old setup n run the plumbing down in basement. But plans changed since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Letsdiscus

So after much convincing the Supreme Court (wifee), was allowed to get a small section of the store room in the basement to setup the new 70 gallon tank "in-wall"

Unfortunately the tank was ordered last fall with the plan of setting it up on the main level in living room with plumbing running through the floor to the basement. Somehow, i would have to spend a lot of money with this setup and was somehow not ready messing with the floor joist structure.

Better half came with the idea of setting it in basement as "in-wall" and landed up getting a piece of the store room for the new setup which kinda worked well in my favor..

Letsdiscus

All in a Days work- few days back on a weekend...
IMG_6771.JPG
Miracles Aquarium do have an average 2 month wait period (6-8 weeks) is a pretty standard wait time. I had ordered the new tank in Sept 2016 and had got delivery early December. During this time, lots of plans changed on the tank placement as explained above. with the new location finally decided, plans were made to prepare the store room to house the tank. This required, painting the Stucco ceiling (i dont think it was ever painted since the house was built) by previous series of owners..

We started out with the wall opening dry wall cut out with help of few friends (professional hand man's). i can deal with dry wall,sanding, painting, plumbing and basic carpentry work but shy away when it comes to cutting structure frames to precise measurements. As u only get one shot at it and cant afford to mess up you measurements. :)

Attachments

• IMG_6772.JPG
    IMG_6772.JPG
    11.6 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_6773.JPG
    IMG_6773.JPG
    21.7 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_6775.JPG
    IMG_6775.JPG
    28 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_6776.JPG
    IMG_6776.JPG
    9.7 KB · Views: 197

Letsdiscus

S0me more work being completed on the wall opening. Dry wall cut out complete, fixed new dry wall from inside to house tank, framing of the opening...

Attachments

• IMG_6782.JPG
    IMG_6782.JPG
    30.1 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_6783.JPG
    IMG_6783.JPG
    31.1 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_6784.JPG
    IMG_6784.JPG
    27.3 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_6785.JPG
    IMG_6785.JPG