Winks

Website Affiliate
I am finally ready to setup a "NEW TO ME" 110 gallon reef. I have been searching and buying new and used equipment. Some people on here will probably recognize some of the equipment. I now have the main pieces, other than lighting, to start putting everything together. I'm going to take my time as it's been over a year since I started collecting pieces and parts. My plan is to make the stand from extruded aluminium. Have a bean animal overflow into a sump. Haven't really decided what lights to put on this tank but have lots of time to make that decision.

I will post pics of my progress.
110g tank.jpg
skimmer.jpg
sump.jpg

Winks

Website Affiliate
I'm leaning heavily to Bosch. I have a business that we deal with at work that orders it in bulk and is willing to sell me what I need at their cost. I'm not sure it's their cost but it is by far the best price I can find for extrusion.

Last edited:

Winks

Website Affiliate
Two days of measuring, cutting, drilling, tapping gets you a large pile of extrusion. Hope everything goes together as planned. Glad my son was there to mark the pieces. It's like a meccano set. Reminds me of my child hood. Maybe I'm going through my second child hood.

cut extrusion.jpg

Winks

Website Affiliate
power bar.jpg
This will be the power bar that will be mounted under the tank. Has 10 outlets and 2 led lights that can be turned on so I can see what I'm doing during maintance.

Winks

Website Affiliate
Bolts finally came in. Started assembly of the stand. Still waiting for some red puck board for the sides and the sliding doors in the front. Hopefully it will be in this week and I'll cut and fit it.
start assembly1.jpg
start assembly.jpg

Winks

Website Affiliate
Oh yeah, that is my cat Winks. He's checking out his new TV stand.

shamous113

Looking good, you may want to add a leveling foot under the center upright front and back to reduce the deflection. its easier to do it now before you fill it.

Winks

Website Affiliate
Looking good, you may want to add a leveling foot under the center upright front and back to reduce the deflection. its easier to do it now before you fill it.
Already have leveling on all legs and the center upright, just haven't installed yet. Once this is all together, I really don't want to disassemble it for any reason.

2CCs

I am finally ready to setup a "NEW TO ME" 110 gallon reef. I have been searching and buying new and used equipment. Some people on here will probably recognize some of the equipment. I now have the main pieces, other than lighting, to start putting everything together. I'm going to take my time as it's been over a year since I started collecting pieces and parts. My plan is to make the stand from extruded aluminium. Have a bean animal overflow into a sump. Haven't really decided what lights to put on this tank but have lots of time to make that decision.

I will post pics of my progress. View attachment 16266 View attachment 16267 View attachment 16268
I have a couple of similar skimmers - RS80 & a 130 Skimmers are good - the sedra pumps maybe not so robust. I have found a way to reuse the needle wheel part of the impeller - saves some money to buy a standard impeller and re-attach the needle wheel. I did the recirc mod to my RS80. Did not necessarily improve it other than its no longer affected by fluctuating water levels in my sump. Good luck on the build