Winks

Website Affiliate
A tip of the hate to you my friend, for having such patience!;)
Where did you get that power bar?

The power bar came from Costco. I works very well since these old eyes don't work in the dark like they use to. There are enough outlets to pretty much take care of all the equipment that I will need, at least until I can save enough to get an apex. The patience comes from many people on the forums I visit that tells me slow and steady keeps you out of problems!

Winks

Website Affiliate
So I have been making RODI water and mixing salt water most of the weekend. I forgot how long it takes to make up almost 200 g of saltwater. Had to make enough to do a water change in the 75 g and the quarantine tank. When doing the QT I think I have found a way to tie in the QT tank to the DT through the sump but be able to isolate it when I quarantine a new resident. ( Picked that little tip up from reading one of @TORX posting). Anyway, here is the full tank starting to cycle. Aquascape is started but will do more once I start moving the corals out of my 75g.

IMG_20180521_205856[1].jpg

Winks

Website Affiliate
So the cycle has begun. I want to tell how I did this, in case I made some mistakes then I can correct them before disaster strikes. I added pure ammonia to the tank. Running the return and sump I took readings until I reached 5ppm in the tank. At that time, I took my canister filter ( EHEIM 2215) from my exciting 75g which has been running for about 1 1/2 years now and cleaned it inside of my new 110g. I have read that when you clean these filters with RODI water it kills the bacteria that is in the biological part of the filter. I figured why kill it? Let it seed my new tank. I also put a piece of live rock from my 75g in as well. I know what is in my 75g and keep a very close eye on it so I don't think I have any diseases in my tank so it should be good.

Any thoughts?

Winks

Website Affiliate
Well the cycling seems to be running smoothly, not sure how I know that since it's been such a short time but I think it's ok. Put in an inline heater which is working great. It's keeping the tank at the proper temperature. Added the Radions with mounts. You will see that I now have 3 of them and I don't think I will need any more as coverage with 3 seems to be adequate. Have them on a Reeflink which is working great. Had a bit of a time understanding it at first but that's probaly due to my old age than a problem with the software. Added a wave maker and it's giving me about a 3/4" wave right now and is only at 70% of it's capable speed.

IMG_20180528_220803[1].jpg

The picture is not good. It was after dark and if I turned on any lights for back lighting, it just reflected in the glass. Mostly blues turned on the tank right now.

Winks

Website Affiliate
The cycling of the tank went very smooth and quick. Just a little video update. The quality of the video suck but gives you the idea.

Winks

Website Affiliate
So it's been almost a month now since my last update. Here is pics of the tank today. It's coming along nicely.

Attachments

• IMG_20180805_151559.jpg
    IMG_20180805_151559.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 263
  • IMG_20180805_151609.jpg
    IMG_20180805_151609.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 322
  • IMG_20180805_151704.jpg
    IMG_20180805_151704.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 278
  • IMG_20180805_151636.jpg
    IMG_20180805_151636.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 274

Winks

Website Affiliate
Yes I'm hoping it will cool down. Got away on me today. About 81F. Didn't get the fan turned on soon enough. Still have that chiller @TORX ?

Winks

Website Affiliate
In the future, I want to have a custom built acrylic tank. Same size but would be nice to have a crystal clear view. This tank is used and although in pretty good shape, it does have some scratches in it. I knew that when I bought it but the price was right. I'm also looking very seriously at the new ApexEL. My biggest problem is having 2 expensive hobbies and trying to divide the budget between them. Then the cat throws in a wrench now and again and wants to be feed for some reason o_O

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Yes I'm hoping it will cool down. Got away on me today. About 81F. Didn't get the fan turned on soon enough. Still have that chiller @TORX ?
In the future, I want to have a custom built acrylic tank. Same size but would be nice to have a crystal clear view. This tank is used and although in pretty good shape, it does have some scratches in it. I knew that when I bought it but the price was right. I'm also looking very seriously at the new ApexEL. My biggest problem is having 2 expensive hobbies and trying to divide the budget between them. Then the cat throws in a wrench now and again and wants to be feed for some reason o_O

Chiller sold a few weeks ago. It would have been under rated for your tank though. It was only rated for a 60 gallon.

You should be happy with the ApexEL. It is only missing a few features that more never use anyways such as the variable speed port, salinity probe and orp probe. You can even add it at a later date through modules if you choose. The EL will be compatible with the Trident (if the issues with it ever get resolved and released) and any future updates they release.

Winks

Website Affiliate
Another update to the 110 gallon. Seems to be coming along nicely.

Full-Tank.jpg
Controls.jpg
Naso_Fox_Face.jpg
Pink_Flower Nem.jpg
Plate.jpg
Red_Mushroom.jpg
Twin.jpg

Few shots of the underneath

Over_Flow Section.jpg
Under_the_Hood.jpg

This is one of several Power Brick Holders that @TORX custom designed for me. He did a great job and designed these to attach to my extruded aluminum. I had 5 of these made for various sized bricks that I have. Every one of them fit perfectly. You can't see it but there is a "T" bolt assembly that makes it easy for me to put these anywhere I want them. My hat is off to you @TORX I will very shortly be sending you some more custom items for you to make.

Power-Brick -Holder.jpg

Last edited:

Winks

Website Affiliate
I was still editing. Wasn't the way I wanted it but the pictures should be back now.

Winks

Website Affiliate
So I have decided, to do some upgrades for this tank.
My plans are :

APEX EL
Bashsea Sump ( 48" )
Ecotech M1 Return Pump
Ecotech MP40wQD ( can't decide if I want 1 x MP40 or 2 x MP10 )
Of course, there will be more Neptune equipment as time goes on.

Wow will have to save my pennies for a while to get everything I want but I am a very patient person and know patience is a virtue.

Winks

Website Affiliate
Well, step one has arrived! I'm excited and nervous at the same time. Can this old guy use this high tech gadget? Time will tell. Now the real work starts. I'll have to make some sort of a cabinet to house this and remember what I might need in the future. To the drawing board,
IMG_20180919_210642.jpg
IMG_20180919_210745.jpg

I go.