Winks

Website Affiliate
Well the sump and skimmer are in their new home. The tank is sitting on the stand now. The plumping is next. As you can see in the first pic, the doors are removable for easy access to everything under the tank.
sump placement.jpg
tank placement.jpg

Winks

Website Affiliate
This is one sweet build, Very Very Noice!!!
Thank you very much. My next plan is the plumping. White fittings, red handles on the valves and red piping. I already have the radions and reef link sitting ready to go, I actually have them setup on my 75g just because I was too excited to leave them in their boxes. but will put them on this build. I have been planning this build for over a year. Busy collecting everything that I might need. Then when it's already, I'll be talking to you Shooter for some of your awesome frags. But all in due time.

Winks

Website Affiliate
Well now the stand is complete. The top needed a bit of machining to accommodate the over follow on the inside of the tank. I can now put in the
1/4 X 1/4 clear acrylic screens on the top for those fish that enjoy jumping. Red piping has been ordered and I'm waiting patiently for it to arrive, although it was shipped the next day which I was happy to see.

top.jpg

Winks

Website Affiliate
The crown serves 2 purposes though.
1. The tank is custom built and was meant to have a rim around the top to support the glass from bowing out when water is added to it. This rim will support that without a problem.
2. If at any time I decide to put in a goby of any kind, which are all known to be jumpers, I will need some sort of top. This is designed so I can put in screening and it will not show at the top of the tank. I have seen tanks with screen framing that you can see and it shows the salt creep too much and would have to be cleaned off almost daily. In my opinion, this is easier to maintain the "clean" look.

Winks

Website Affiliate
The piping showed up today! Fast shipping. Only ordered it last Thursday about 11:30 pm. Showed up this morning.
piping.JPG

So now it's back to work on the tank.

Skim

I believe you will need at least 1 other light fixture to cover 60 " as 2 will give you hot spots as you try to increase to cover area. 4 would be the ideal as it would give a much better more even spread at a lower intensity. Love the build looks great. Is there anyway you can drop the bottom self down an inch or two, just think if you have a leak or whatever that could cause water in the stand. That way you could seal the sides with calk or silicone and water would stay in cabinet instead of running out onto the floor.

Winks

Website Affiliate
Ah you have picked it out and are absolutely correct on the lights. I was able to pick the ones I have up on a deal from a friend so I jumped at it. My plan is to get 2 more but my budget just doesn't allow for them right now. The one of the great things about the Radions is it's so simple to add more lights and keep the same program. I have considered the sealing of the bottom and I'm in the process of trying to find a plastic drain pan that will sit under my sump and about 3" high to catch any " spillage".

WiredWeasel

What style.of overflow are you using? Looks pretty unique. Also.bit off topic but where did you get your red PVC from?

Winks

Website Affiliate
The overflow will be Bean Animal. It's actually a very popular overflow. The red PVC came from Big Show frags, and I might say that it was a very easy and fast transaction. I'm very happy with dealing with them.

Winks

Website Affiliate
Overflow piping done! I'm getting more excited every step of the way. It's very tempting just to fill it full of water and live stock. But I WON'T do it.

left_side.jpg
right_side.jpg
back_piping.jpg

Winks

Website Affiliate
After getting the return pump and piping installed it's time to leak test it and tweek anything that I missed in my setup. I'm happy to find out that all I have to do is repair the overflow box ( silicone came loose from the glass ) and a small leak in the bottom of the tank which will be very easy to repair. My cross support on the top is slightly touching the water so I'll remove it and take it to my shop and put it on the milling machine and mill 1/4" off of it and it will be cleared.
leak_test1.jpg

I'm a tank 1/2 full type of guy!!!

leak testing.jpg

Filled and running. I have never heard a Bean Animal overflow run, and I still haven't heard one. Talk about quiet!! WOW. The skimmer is making a little noise but I'm only running it to get the proper water height. I only have fresh water in it right now for this leak test. I plan on running this for a week and then put in the salt water. I have to mount my controls and power bar. Aquascaping is next.

calli

Nice!! Quick question(s). I am going to be starting a 125 Gallon setup (custom 60x24x20) and I have decided to go with the Bean Animal setup as well.

Where did you go for the custom tank? and What size holes did they drill for you?

Where did you get all your fittings and PVC??

Awesome job too!! Red is an amazing colour.

Ian

Winks

Website Affiliate
The tank I bought was used and was already drilled with 1" bulk heads setup for Bean Animal. The red PVC came from Big Show Frags, which gave me awesome service. The white PVC fittings came from Plasco, which is out Dundas just before the market. They have a great variety of fittings and everything I bought there was VERY reasonably priced.