Winks

Website Affiliate
They are both close to my base board heating which is hot water heat not electric. I would never put a fish tank that close to electric baseboard heating and risk a leak and potential electrical shock.:D

Winks

Website Affiliate
Here is the next toy. Wonder what I "need" next!

reactor.jpg

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Torq is great but a few things to watch out for. Watch for clumping at the bottom as media tends to flow up just one side. Also be sure to leave the bottom sponge in. If you take it out and the power is cut it the water is pushed down and out and it will bring the media with it. From there it ends up in the impeller and could be bad when it fires back up. Also never lift it by the grey cap. They can just fall off and that makes a hell of a mess. The 2.0 is a much better body then the 1.0. The flow around the outside of the body will even out in a few days.

Winks

Website Affiliate
Torq is great but a few things to watch out for. Watch for clumping at the bottom as media tends to flow up just one side. Also be sure to leave the bottom sponge in. If you take it out and the power is cut it the water is pushed down and out and it will bring the media with it. From there it ends up in the impeller and could be bad when it fires back up. Also never lift it by the grey cap. They can just fall off and that makes a hell of a mess. The 2.0 is a much better body then the 1.0. The flow around the outside of the body will even out in a few days.

This one is a 2.0 and right now I'm only running carbon. I wanted the 2.0 just in case I need to run GFO at the same time, this will allow me to do it with another reactor.

Winks

Website Affiliate
Well it’s time to expand. This stand will be for the 75 gallon. Take note of the 45 degree corners on the end. There will be a 60 cube sitting between the 110 and the 75 on a 45 degree angle. Should give me a nice panoramic view. Aqua-scaped as if it were all one tank.

CD4C1920-AA5F-4490-BAEF-8EE14AC75DFA.jpeg

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
that sounds pretty cool, but also sounds like it would be difficult to work on, unless you plan on being able to get behind it?

Winks

Website Affiliate
that sounds pretty cool, but also sounds like it would be difficult to work on, unless you plan on being able to get behind it?

If any work needs to be done at the back of the tanks, there is a platform behind the 60 gallon that is easily accessed to do any work. I've had my 110 gallon up and running for just about a year now and because of the design and some careful planning, have never had to access the back of the tank. I'm trying to do the same planning for the expansion and hopefully won't need a lot of access to the back of the tanks but do have a bit of redundancy built in just in case

Winks

Website Affiliate
Tim is going to fasten a tie down bracket on the roof and have his son lower him mission impossible style to work on it. Dont ever question this mans methods :D

Have any pulleys your not in need of? I think I can do that and control it with my Apex! ;)

Winks

Website Affiliate
Well, bit the bullet and ordered the new tank today. Same dimensions as this one, just new with external overflow and euro braced. The corners should be better than my current one. This tank was used when I bought it and had several scratches in it. The new one should look a lot better. I'm excited about it but it takes some time to get a custom tank built. I'll patiently wait, and plan and wait and plan and dream and plan and wait and wait and wait.

Winks

Website Affiliate
I have been EXTREMELY busy at work as of late. It's far from being done. I have a ton of cable management to do so please ignore the cable spaghetti under the tanks. Also working on the control panel. The 3 tanks are doing great though.

pan_tanks.jpg

I'm looking to purchase new lights for the 75 gallon. I have something in mind but need to wait for a bit to purchase them. Still a work in progress and will take a long time to get it where I want it.