New To The Hobby And Scared.

n3cron

So am about to buy the lights for this tank. Am choosing between 1 hydra 52 “lower cost” or 2 hydra 26 for my Red Sea 250. Would the hydra 52 be enough for my tank or I have to go with the 2 hydra 26?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

n3cron

By the way guys, I bought this tank from aquariumdepot.ca
The guys who owns it called Hussain and he is extremely nice and has very competitive prices. Feel free to pay his website a visit.
:)

n3cron

24e146dbf938700336433b573e7fe092.jpg
7fc670bdf8a72b87a6dfc85f0d4a6ca6.jpg
030ddbc5cb2a50b3415b41267472a41a.jpg
30f036f5f1578b259eda162f99bc31eb.jpg

So this happened today guys. Hopefully am gonna get it all set up this weekend.
And I actually have a question, do we rinse the rocks before starting the scape or it should not be an issue?

MrHermit85

And so the adventure begins! :) nice setup your going to have. How come a hang on skimmer? To save space in the sump?

Side note...
Is that a civic type R?

n3cron

And so the adventure begins! :) nice setup your going to have. How come a hang on skimmer? To save space in the sump?

Side note...
Is that a civic type R?

Pretty much yea, I want to use the entire sump as a refugium. That’s why I went with the HOB skimmer. Will be putting a calcium reactor too once my tank start consuming calcium in a couple months.
And yes that’s a Type R.
:-D

MrHermit85

Pretty much yea, I want to use the entire sump as a refugium. That’s why I went with the HOB skimmer. Will be putting a calcium reactor too once my tank start consuming calcium in a couple months.
And yes that’s a Type R.
:-D

That will be a good size refugium! Skimmers do take up so much space in the sump.

Nice with the civic type R. I have the hatch and it is pretty sweet how much crap you can fit in them. Of course My little lawnmower doesn’t compare in any other way though lol

n3cron

Just wanted to share with you guys couple purchases I made today.
7f213ac751c8300b1611270ee62f69bf.jpg

That power bar has 4 plugs that runs on battery which can keep your pumps running for a while in the case of a power outage. Got it from bestbuy for only $90.
72a02dd779ecbfc50f031b6d15da5ce8.jpg

That little guy is from big Al in kitchener for only $85. It has a filter, lights and heater. Will be using it as a quarantine tank.
Hopefully that would help someone out there.
:)

Matt1997

Looks good! If you like it as well that’s all that matters. Your structure displays the golden ratio where certain elements are 2/3 the height of the tallest point of the structure. You have two offset structures that bring your eyes away from the middle. Nice work :)

n3cron

Looks good! If you like it as well that’s all that matters. Your structure displays the golden ratio where certain elements are 2/3 the height of the tallest point of the structure. You have two offset structures that bring your eyes away from the middle. Nice work :)

Thanks Matt. First time I ever do an aquascaping.
Lol
The damn RO/DI unit is soooooo slow. Any way I can speed up the water production on it without losing water quality? I mean it’s painfully slow. Lol

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Thanks Matt. First time I ever do an aquascaping.
Lol
The damn RO/DI unit is soooooo slow. Any way I can speed up the water production on it without losing water quality? I mean it’s painfully slow. Lol

They are slow. Typically 75 gallons a day but that is over 24 hours. That is only if the pressure is right. Should be at least 40psi on the input.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

n3cron

They are slow. Typically 75 gallons a day but that is over 24 hours. That is only if the pressure is right. Should be at least 40psi on the input.

That’s the problem, I don’t think I have enough pressure going into the filter. And I tried to buy something that would increase the water pressure that’s going in but nothing is for sure gonna solve the problem.
It will take me like a week to fill half of my tank.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
That’s the problem, I don’t think I have enough pressure going into the filter. And I tried to buy something that would increase the water pressure that’s going in but nothing is for sure gonna solve the problem.
It will take me like a week to fill half of my tank.

Then shut it down and figure out what the problem is. Most likely you are pouring hundreds of gallons down the drain. Most rodi have a 4 to 1 ratio where for every good gallon 4 gallons go down the drain. If you are only making that much water, you are probably dumping hundreds down the drain a day. Check that line and double check all your filters, connections and hoses.

krisjoseph

This is PROBABLY not the issue you’re having, but after months of trying to understand why my system was so slow, I figured out I was using the wrong RO membrane. Make sure you've got one that matches the GPD rating of your hardware.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
This is PROBABLY not the issue you’re having, but after months of trying to understand why my system was so slow, I figured out I was using the wrong RO membrane. Make sure you've got one that matches the GPD rating of your hardware.
Yes. Very good point. Not sure if you also got this from Aquariumdepot, but if so you may want to contact him or maybe someone local can come double check things. There is something set up incorrectly for sure.

n3cron

4e53d3eb787a073d5867bd5afbc85f1c.jpg
7bcea0c001fd9333a4bd07d7005fb282.jpg
eac9b56a62393411727009eb65df1177.jpg

This is the way I have things set up and that the filter am using. Don’t see how I set it up wrong.
Did I?