New To The Hobby And Scared.

Shooter000

HomeGrownFrags
I think you need a booster pump, it raises the pressure of water entering your RO unit, you also need a pressure meter to see what you pressure is going in, if your not getting adequate pressure you will clog you filters and kill your membrane very quickly, all while making barely any water..

n3cron

I think you need a booster pump, it raises the pressure of water entering your RO unit, you also need a pressure meter to see what you pressure is going in, if your not getting adequate pressure you will clog you filters and kill your membrane very quickly, all while making barely any water..

That was my first suspect. I just don’t know which booster pump or where do I get it from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shooter000

HomeGrownFrags
Heres an idea to see if your getting even close to enough pressure,

Take 2 cups the same size, put your waste water in one and the good in the other at the same time, when the waste water one is full pull both out and see if you have 4x the amount of waste to good water ratio

gowyn

Just checked the specs on it, 65psi minimum pressure

It also lists it comes with a flush valve assembly. To me it looks like it’s flushing but could be wrong. Either way too much water coming out the waste line

Last edited:

n3cron

Just checked the specs on it, 65psi minimum pressure

It also lists it comes with a flush valve assembly. To me it looks like it’s flushing but could be wrong. Either way way too much much water coming out the waste line

I honestly didn’t expect that problem. That’s why I got a TDS meter but didn’t bother buying a psi meter. Not sure how am gonna solve that problem. All I can do is to get a booster pump. But that won’t happen until after the long weekend.

gowyn

Just had a look at the manual.

Looks like the low pressure, 65psi is required.

Try it on another tap closer to your main water line, hopefully one with more pressure.

n3cron

Just had a look at the manual.

Looks like the low pressure, 65psi is required.

Try it on another tap closer to your main water line, hopefully one with more pressure.

That could work. Will give that a shot.

n3cron

Crisis averted. The filter now is producing the proper amount. Hopefully I will have at least 50 gallons by tomorrow morning.
fd0129ef91720a7ba9870d0739f6928a.jpg

Is this fixture too high? Should I put it a bit lower? Is there some kind of a method to adjust it to the right night?

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
That could work. Will give that a shot.

Did it just end up needing another tap? Was it the flush valve? Don't leave is hanging lol

I actually like to know the remedies. It is handy to know if I see or hear of similar issues in the future.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

n3cron

Did it just end up needing another tap? Was it the flush valve? Don't leave is hanging lol

I actually like to know the remedies. It is handy to know if I see or hear of similar issues in the future.

It was the water pressure. When the neighbours left for the long weekend and the water pressure increased in this specific tap, the water production just gone up.

Winks

Website Affiliate

The system that he has does not have a "flush valve" It has flush caps which block off the di part of the system to flush. It has "flush caps" I use the identical system at work on one of my machines to get pure water to the cooling part of the machine which has very small capillary tubes that plug if there is any metals present in the water. I have to flush weekly to keep things clean and running properly.

n3cron

d590be63a3301cd752662b1d60b91bee.jpg

This is how I did my light schedule. I always work night shifts so I started the day for the tank at 11AM.
There is a lunar period of 1 hour between midnight and 1AM @ 10% of the blues and UV.
If anyone can just take a look at it and let me know if I am doing anything wrong.
Thanks gentlemen,

n3cron

Hey guys.
So I added Dr. Tim one and only bacteria on July 3rd along with the ammonia that came with it. However, I messed up the dosage for the ammonia and now I have above 8ppm ammonia in the tank.
I have been running daily tests since and the ammonia didn’t go down and the nitrite didn’t go up. Is that normal for the cycle to take days before showing any change or did I messed up bad?

Josh

typically anything over 5 ppm will stall the process, id suggest maybe doing a bit of a water change, you can maybe save that water and re-add it after to bump your ammonia back up so you dont waste water.

n3cron

b7ebeda8187cbc92691ca25fe4786395.jpg

Yay.
:)
At which point should I make a water change and when after that I should get my first live stock?