New To The Hobby And Scared.

Matt1997

Do a water change now then add stock or add stock then do water change. I like to reduce the nitrates with a WC first but fish can handle nitrates without issues

n3cron

Some people are advising me to still wait. I was gonna put an order for 2 clownfish from Carl’s aquarium which will take about 3-4 weeks of quarantine time before getting the fish. Is 3-4 weeks enough time to fully complete the cycle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

n3cron

go slow, be patient, you got some diatom and algae blooms coming.

I hope not. Am trying to stop that from ever happening. I was actually thinking about starting my refugium next week to reduce the risk of algae outbreak.

n3cron

5216e0dd1423bf7881e37b8eb3700f40.jpg

Sand bed cleaner. That should be fun.
:)

n3cron

Hey.
Just a quick question. My ammonia levels are at 0 now but nitrite is still at 1 and my nitrate is at 10-20 ppm. Should I add another dose of ammonia to feed the bacteria or wait until both go down to 0?

Josh

I would do another round, i think you want to see 0 nitrite/ammonia within 24 hrs of adding the ammonia to know your cycle is done. Sounds like you might be getting close though.

Josh

Looks slick, you do nice work! You must have some grand plans if you need a calcium reactor. You planning on going SPS heavy?

n3cron

Looks slick, you do nice work! You must have some grand plans if you need a calcium reactor. You planning on going SPS heavy?

Not heavy no. I just don’t want to be doing 2 part dosing long term.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Not heavy no. I just don’t want to be doing 2 part dosing long term.

Imho, 2 part takes up a lot less room and is a lot easier once set up. Then again unless you have lots of SPS or Euphillia then you probably will not need to dose anything. Typically a quality salt will work enough with proper water changes.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk