New To The Hobby And Scared.

n3cron

So I got a bubble tip anemone 3 days ago. And never will be buying one ever again.
It walked itself into the bottom of my overflow box in a very tight spot. Any ideas on how to get it out of there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrHermit85

I always found pointing a power head on them for a while. They would eventually let go with some gentle persuasion.

I also used a turkey Bastet once but that took forever. Might be your only option with it being in your overflow

n3cron

I always found pointing a power head on them for a while. They would eventually let go with some gentle persuasion.

Extremely limited space. Can’t get a power head in there. Not sure what to do. Lol
This is really annoying.

MrHermit85

The only thing that will make them release their foot is if you make them unhappy for a while :) my bubble tips would move every other week. Couldn’t seem to find a happy spot.

What about a small pump with some hose attached stick the pump in the tank and blast the overflow for a while. Use a valve to restrict the flow though as it will make a mess.

n3cron

So the stupid anemone went threw the my plumbing and died. God rest his soul. And the $100 I paid.
The funny part is why all my fish love hiding? I got a blue tang, a watchman goby and a tail spot blenny today. I come home tonight and none of them in the tank. Including the blue tang which is the one I worry about the most. Would it commit suicide like the anemone?

MrHermit85

Fish can get in overflows with no lid, mesh or if they can fit through the teethe.

Sucks about the nem! He didn’t get chopped up by anything in the sump did he? He might not be dead if he just looks small. They can shrink to a minuscule size when upset.

n3cron

Fish can get in overflows with no lid, mesh or if they can fit through the teethe.

Sucks about the nem! He didn’t get chopped up by anything in the sump did he? He might not be dead if he just looks small. They can shrink to a minuscule size when upset.

He was definitely dead when I found him. I also got a GSP frag yesterday but I tossed it out after finding something crawling in it even after I dipped it for 30 min. No idea where I can buy clean corals from.

n3cron

Okay gentlemen, I really need help here. After my experience with bigal here in kitchener, I am terrified of buying any corals from anywhere.
I need a clean drag of a GSP to mount it on the back of my tank to start a background and I can’t find someone to buy from.
Any advise?

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
What was it that crawled out of the frag from BA?

It is risky getting frags form anyone as they all came from somewhere at some point and who knows what was in it or now in it from another frag. Typically you get pods, brittle starfish or the occasional bristle worm, both are good for your tank. What you want to be looking for mostly is flat worms.

n3cron

And now my hippo tang has ich. Lol
Such a good encouraging start eh? I have been reading about ich and some people say that once it’s in the tank then it never leaves. Right now am just relying on increase feeding frequency and garlic along with cleaner shrimps to clean my tang. Will increase the temp to 80 tomorrow. But other than that, no idea what to do. Penny for thought anyone?

72ad580b5c5f8a57c99aa2cfb40535e7.jpg

Matt1997

Some research shows ick only lives for 8 months without a new genetic strain being added to the system. I personally try to keep my fish “immune” by having them in breeding condition. Read Paul Bs article over in R2R about QT. I let ick run it’s natural coarse. Most of my current fish had ick when first introduced and have not shown any signs in 4 months. The tangs I had 4 years ago all got ick initially then never displayed another spec after being moved multiple times over the years. These same tangs have recently been reintroduced into my current tank which has had ick and still did not display any signs. Feed live/whole frozen meaty vitamin soaked foods and it should go away within a few days.

Matt1997

And now my hippo tang has ich. Lol
Such a good encouraging start eh? I have been reading about ich and some people say that once it’s in the tank then it never leaves. Right now am just relying on increase feeding frequency and garlic along with cleaner shrimps to clean my tang. Will increase the temp to 80 tomorrow. But other than that, no idea what to do. Penny for thought anyone?

72ad580b5c5f8a57c99aa2cfb40535e7.jpg

I would not increase temperature. This is not like freshwater ick where it decreases the cycle time. Raising temperature will only reduce dissolved oxygen in the system thus adding stress to the fish. Increase feedings with garlic is all that’s needed.

n3cron

87fc63ba59d5c4f0148ab4bb4e452bbc.jpg

Soooooo this happened today. The rest is coming next week. Am sooooooo bad.