New To The Hobby And Scared.

Matt1997

I could compact the dosing containers to take up around 6”x6” of ground space. Pretty simple design. 1L in each.

Attachments

• 5BF76837-E27D-4289-9FE8-88BD48373CA1.jpeg
    5BF76837-E27D-4289-9FE8-88BD48373CA1.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 189

n3cron

Well, I am not sure which way I will be going until I actually start having life stock. But to be honest, am leaning for the calcium reactor as it also reduce the need for water changes when you pair it with some chaeto. Correct me if am wrong about that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

n3cron

350f6632b309a17cd883e9f4d37b3fdb.jpg

So my skimmer is acting kinda crazy. Lol
I have that manifold open all the way which suppose to lower the water level but it still spilling water into the collection cup. Is that normal or am doing something wrong?

gowyn

The Octo skimmers are nice.

You’ll need a couple of weeks for the skimmer to break in.

Try to restrict the flow coming in.

FYI break in is the oils on the surface of acrylic need to dissipate and also acrylic will actually absorb some water. A couple of weeks and you’re good. Find a valve that will fit the hose or if you have extra hose just increase the head pressure by using a longer hose. Valve would be easier.

n3cron

The Octo skimmers are nice.

You’ll need a couple of weeks for the skimmer to break in.

Try to restrict the flow coming in.

FYI break in is the oils on the surface of acrylic need to dissipate and also acrylic will actually absorb some water. A couple of weeks and you’re good. Find a valve that will fit the hose or if you have extra hose just increase the head pressure by using a longer hose. Valve would be easier.

Am using an eheim pump for 160 GH and the recommended for that skimmer is 250. So am actually using way less than it can handle.
The pump is adjustable though, so I can decrease the flow a bit.

n3cron

Quick question.
Did anyone ever added garlic spray on the frozen food?
I just did that and now my skimmer is not making any skim at all. Could it cause that?
73deb89f6f181fcef1950d4f38b2e379.jpg

n3cron

7e38a3abb25b43096a233d89ebc6570a.jpg

I just noticed the tail of my new clownfish kinda damaged. What can cause that? Is it a disease or something else?
I just got it on Saturday. Kinda noticed it before but didn’t confirm it until today.