Newbie's New Fusion 40 Build :)

Canadianeh

I will start of with thanking to many of you that have been answering my relentless questions especially Heather, Nick James, Pipes, Luke, Nathan, Eric, Torx, and many other more.

Finally some of my orders have arrived, and more to come. I will be starting with posting the gears pictures (for those of you who are a gear junkies like me ;-)), and then I will start posting pictures when I start putting them together.

IM Fusion 40 IMHO is very well built and the craftsmanship really show.
20161012_223350_zpsicnt7qfg.jpg

20161012_191425_zpsfxl87fzv.jpg

DSC_3575_zpshcilibox.jpg

DSC_3585_zpswp0io7mp.jpg

Last edited:

Canadianeh

dam! how much did all that cost? haha
A lot! lol

Wicked! What's the plan for lights and aquascaping?
Nanobox Duo Plus M is on its way, and I just posted the Marco Largo Rock that I bought (see post #1)

wow, I would be like a kid in a candy store.... you must be super excited.... just remember as tempting as it is, slow + steady = success.
I am super excited, and I am a bit of gear geeks too! I don't want to rush and want everything go perfect (at least I try).

Canadianeh

Please help me on aquascaping! I am terrible at it. Also, I think the individual size of each rock is too big, and I think I can break them to smaller pieces. What do you guys think?

Model #1
DSC_3581_zpsd14pn5gd.jpg

Model#2
DSC_3583_zpsftryqwsv.jpg

Model#3
DSC_3580_zpseppjot6j.jpg

Model#4
DSC_3578_zpsafopj0og.jpg

Shooter000

HomeGrownFrags
I like number 3 as well, just a thought switch the very right rock as it looks like it has a peak, with the rock sitting on top maybe add a little more level, just a thought:)

:)

Canadianeh

I will break off one or two big rocks and integrated the smaller pieces. I like #3 as well but three big rocks of the same size look a bit awkward IMO and take too much water space in this tank.

I am soaking all of the rocks in RODI water now. My plan is to wait for 48 hours and then measure for phosphate level. Can I keep the top of the rubbermaid on while soaking them?

20161015_081415_zpszxkd4p1v.jpg

Last edited:

EricTMah

Aquariums by Design
Website
www.aquariumsbydesign.ca
I will break off one or two big rocks and integrated the smaller pieces. I like #3 as well but three big rocks of the same size look a bit awkward IMO and take too much water space in this tank.

I am soaking all of the rocks in RODI water now. My plan is to wait for 48 hours and then measure for phosphate level. Can I keep the top of the rubbermaid on while soaking them?

20161015_081415_zpszxkd4p1v.jpg
You can keep the lid on the container.
If you have a small power head, throw that in there too. More water movement will help anything to leach out

Sony Xperia Z3

Canadianeh

You can keep the lid on the container.
If you have a small power head, throw that in there too. More water movement will help anything to leach out

Sony Xperia Z3
Yes! Powerhead! I totally forgot about it. This is what I was going to put it in. Thanks for reminding me, Eric!

And this is only RODI water and nothing more. I plan just to soak them to for few days depends if there is phosphate or not. And then break some of them off to aquascape again and then go to the tank for the fishless cycling.

Albz

Number 4 seems looks nice too . For my tank i did morenthe shelf lookin aquascape for corals

Canadianeh

So I put a pump in the rubbermaid with the rocks in RODI water to get some circulation going as per Eric's advice :)

While waiting for the rocks, I did some DIY and added motion sensor LED in the tank stand. I use the stand for temporary storage for items that will be installed on the tank, so it won't look that jammed pack in the future.

20161015_205023_zpstcn8xx15.jpg