on the Verge if losing it all

harleymike

Super Active Member
Huge water changes i guess. I am still pretty new at this. But sure seems like a toxin or chemical of some kind.
Hope you figure it out.
Once you get things back to normal, let me know. I have some frags you can have.

harleymike

Super Active Member
Huge water changes i guess. I am still pretty new at this. But sure seems like a toxin or chemical of some kind.
Hope you figure it out.
Once you get things back to normal, let me know. I have some frags you can have.

reeffreak

Super Active Member
harleymike link said:
Hope you figure it out.

Thanks Mike I appreciate that a lot.

reeffreak

Super Active Member
harleymike link said:
Hope you figure it out.

Thanks Mike I appreciate that a lot.

Boga

This must be so frustrating.

Heater malfunction? Once in a while overshoots and then comes back to normal? Do you have a thermometer with High/Low Temperature option?
Any chemicals on your hands?
Contaminated GFO? If you still have that load, I would put it on a sheet of paper and check to see if anything abnormal.
Do you have leathers, or large colonies of polyps or ricordea? Something that could release toxins into the water?

Boga

This must be so frustrating.

Heater malfunction? Once in a while overshoots and then comes back to normal? Do you have a thermometer with High/Low Temperature option?
Any chemicals on your hands?
Contaminated GFO? If you still have that load, I would put it on a sheet of paper and check to see if anything abnormal.
Do you have leathers, or large colonies of polyps or ricordea? Something that could release toxins into the water?

reeffreak

Super Active Member
I have sps and LPS, nothing that would release toxins like this. I'm scared to look at the tank today as last night my palmers and sunset we're just starting to peel and that will be it for the sps they have all not made it.

reeffreak

Super Active Member
I have sps and LPS, nothing that would release toxins like this. I'm scared to look at the tank today as last night my palmers and sunset we're just starting to peel and that will be it for the sps they have all not made it.

dale

hey.. really sorry about your tank... let me know if you need anything... i could store some survivors while you get your tank in order... or if you need extra hands.. whatever... let me know...

i would give you a big hug but people might think you were weird....

dale

hey.. really sorry about your tank... let me know if you need anything... i could store some survivors while you get your tank in order... or if you need extra hands.. whatever... let me know...

i would give you a big hug but people might think you were weird....

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
Pat,

Very sorry to hear about your tank.....hope you are not giving up!
Curious tho.....can you further explain what media or additives and food you are using and the routines behind them?

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
Pat,

Very sorry to hear about your tank.....hope you are not giving up!
Curious tho.....can you further explain what media or additives and food you are using and the routines behind them?

reeffreak

Super Active Member
I'm not sure what i am going to do yet.

As far as additives I was dosing BRS 2 part manually for the past 8 months. 50 ml of both cal and alk. I broke it up into 2 doses a day for each. 25 ml in the morning and the same at night.

25 gallon water changes every two weeks. Mixed salt and let the water mix for 24 hours with heater and power head. On the 4th week I replace gfo with water change. bio-pellets running on tank since day 1.

I feed frozen mysis every other day and cant think of the brand of pellet food fed daily.
Cyclopeeze, reef roids and mysis were being fed to LPS and tank once a week.

reeffreak

Super Active Member
I'm not sure what i am going to do yet.

As far as additives I was dosing BRS 2 part manually for the past 8 months. 50 ml of both cal and alk. I broke it up into 2 doses a day for each. 25 ml in the morning and the same at night.

25 gallon water changes every two weeks. Mixed salt and let the water mix for 24 hours with heater and power head. On the 4th week I replace gfo with water change. bio-pellets running on tank since day 1.

I feed frozen mysis every other day and cant think of the brand of pellet food fed daily.
Cyclopeeze, reef roids and mysis were being fed to LPS and tank once a week.