on the Verge if losing it all

teebone110

Distinguished Member
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
This totally sucks, but try not to get too discouraged. Maybe take a break for a while. You have a sweet system.
A longterm thriving sps tank is a huge challenge, chalk this up as experience, and revisit things again when your feeling up to it, one thing at a time.

I know some days I hate my tank and everything there has to do with it, then other days I can't stop looking at it 8)

teebone110

Distinguished Member
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
This totally sucks, but try not to get too discouraged. Maybe take a break for a while. You have a sweet system.
A longterm thriving sps tank is a huge challenge, chalk this up as experience, and revisit things again when your feeling up to it, one thing at a time.

I know some days I hate my tank and everything there has to do with it, then other days I can't stop looking at it 8)

reeffreak

Super Active Member
To be honest if I knew exactly what happened I wouldn't feel so stupid, but I have checked everything possible and still haven't came across any hints. All levels are bang on. Would help me feel a little better knowing what error occurred to avoid it happening again.

Thanks Teebone only time will tell which direction I go now

reeffreak

Super Active Member
To be honest if I knew exactly what happened I wouldn't feel so stupid, but I have checked everything possible and still haven't came across any hints. All levels are bang on. Would help me feel a little better knowing what error occurred to avoid it happening again.

Thanks Teebone only time will tell which direction I go now

Petercar (RIP Dec 2017)

Distinguished Member
Donor
Everything yu have been doing checks outs good ..even if the was some containmination. There will be more then just what is dieing will be affected?...fish and some coral are doin good but just certain types of corals are doin better the others ?  .there is this guy in michigan reefers that had a son that got pissed off at him. And he dimped some bleach in.  But he didnt know what it was till the son confested days later

Petercar (RIP Dec 2017)

Distinguished Member
Donor
Everything yu have been doing checks outs good ..even if the was some containmination. There will be more then just what is dieing will be affected?...fish and some coral are doin good but just certain types of corals are doin better the others ?  .there is this guy in michigan reefers that had a son that got pissed off at him. And he dimped some bleach in.  But he didnt know what it was till the son confested days later

reeffreak

Super Active Member
Lol it most definitely wasn't my son. We have a great relationship, he loves the tank as much as I do, could never see that happening ...ever !  Making my son sound like a little devil lol but he's the total opposite.

As far as losses. All sps are pretty much gone. Just a few that haven't started melting away, but there polyp extension is very little. LPS are pissed but I haven't lost any of them, poor polyp extension on them as well. torches are not out as much as usual, acans either.
fish are are fine, active and eating just as well as they have been.

tequtu3y.jpg

by2e6epu.jpg

reeffreak

Super Active Member
Lol it most definitely wasn't my son. We have a great relationship, he loves the tank as much as I do, could never see that happening ...ever !  Making my son sound like a little devil lol but he's the total opposite.

As far as losses. All sps are pretty much gone. Just a few that haven't started melting away, but there polyp extension is very little. LPS are pissed but I haven't lost any of them, poor polyp extension on them as well. torches are not out as much as usual, acans either.
fish are are fine, active and eating just as well as they have been.

tequtu3y.jpg

by2e6epu.jpg

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
I'll donate a few pieces too, it's good to have a support group :)

Probably a good idea to add a second canister and start running carbon 24/7.  I think it might have helped grab whatever it was out of the water.  Just my thoughts on it...

You have a leather coral in there that maybe went toxic??

Here's what I'll set aside for you...some sunset millie, fire and ice, a little piece of red planet, some yellow carolinia, and about 20lbs of green star polyps to get you back on your feet :)

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
I'll donate a few pieces too, it's good to have a support group :)

Probably a good idea to add a second canister and start running carbon 24/7.  I think it might have helped grab whatever it was out of the water.  Just my thoughts on it...

You have a leather coral in there that maybe went toxic??

Here's what I'll set aside for you...some sunset millie, fire and ice, a little piece of red planet, some yellow carolinia, and about 20lbs of green star polyps to get you back on your feet :)

Big_Als_London

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
dale link said:
hey.. really sorry about your tank... let me know if you need anything... i could store some survivors while you get your tank in order... or if you need extra hands.. whatever... let me know...

i would give you a big hug but people might think you were weird....
I think he would be weird if he didn't take the hug.

Big_Als_London

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
dale link said:
hey.. really sorry about your tank... let me know if you need anything... i could store some survivors while you get your tank in order... or if you need extra hands.. whatever... let me know...

i would give you a big hug but people might think you were weird....
I think he would be weird if he didn't take the hug.

reeffreak

Super Active Member
Ya I could use more than one hug lol ... Pretty devastated right now, I don't think I've moved from this chair in front of my tank all day just hurting, I feel like I lost a family member.

You guys don't know how much I appreciate all the help and all the unexpected offers, honestly the greatest bunch of people I've ever come across in my life time . My word.

reeffreak

Super Active Member
Ya I could use more than one hug lol ... Pretty devastated right now, I don't think I've moved from this chair in front of my tank all day just hurting, I feel like I lost a family member.

You guys don't know how much I appreciate all the help and all the unexpected offers, honestly the greatest bunch of people I've ever come across in my life time . My word.

reeffreak

Super Active Member
Quick update. Sunset Millie, purple yellow tipped stag and pink cyphastrea are the only sps survivors. all LPS survived and finally looking normal as of today, Nice and plump polyps. 2 water changes over the period of the meltdown, didn't seem to do much. Carbon still running levels are all stable as they've been.

Still not a clue what happened.

reeffreak

Super Active Member
Quick update. Sunset Millie, purple yellow tipped stag and pink cyphastrea are the only sps survivors. all LPS survived and finally looking normal as of today, Nice and plump polyps. 2 water changes over the period of the meltdown, didn't seem to do much. Carbon still running levels are all stable as they've been.

Still not a clue what happened.