Status
Not open for further replies.

ricklalonde

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
The one coral that I have yet to buy but have wanted forever is a Strawberry Shortcake Acro.

liveaquaria-desktop-6.jpg

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
What are you talking about Tyler......you have a frag already ;)

I had a nice colony of SSC.....3-4 months in my tank and it goes poof! (RTN).  I have been growing a frag now for over a year...its a mini colony now, maybe  :p  SSC is a nice coral....you use to get colony's for 120-150.  I think and hope they will come back but probably at a bit higher price and that is the risk of buying a nice wild colony....POOF  :?

teebone110

Distinguished Member
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Darryl_V link said:
What are you talking about Tyler......you have a frag already ;)

I had a nice colony of SSC.....3-4 months in my tank and it goes poof! (RTN).  I have been growing a frag now for over a year...its a mini colony now, maybe  :p  SSC is a nice coral....you use to get colony's for 120-150.  I think and hope they will come back but probably at a bit higher price and that is the risk of buying a nice wild colony....POOF  :?

Well, unfortunately it was so small and it grows so slow that it didn't make it. 

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
Well you cant say I didnt warn you.

Anyway what I wish I could get but likely won't and not sure I would be willing to pay is a bounce mushroom !  Here is a picture of a small one...they get 4" around and this picture does it no justice.  Anybody who has been to SEAUMARINE should know this mushroom...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/79442238@N03/7157273903/#

I also would like this mushroom but slightly less.  This one is currently at RR but Jay wants $250 per head.......wowzer.
tn.jpg

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
dale link said:
i wanna fish that eats nitrates and shits gold!

um, yea i would like one as well please.... ill take 1,000 actually  ;D

definitely a moorish idol.... hopefully some day soon

spyd

Super Active Member
Brandon link said:

Moorish Idols are awesome! But, all they really eat is sponges and they are extremely hard to keep healthy for that reason alone. You would need a couple tanks to keep growing out sponges to feed it enough or it will perish unfortunately.

I've all ways wanted an Aussie Echinata. Also, I LOVE the ORA Pearlberry! As for fish... I've all ways liked the Achilles Tang.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
spyd link said:
[quote author=Brandon link=topic=3191.msg26190#msg26190 date=1348288854]

Moorish Idols are awesome! But, all they really eat is sponges and they are extremely hard to keep healthy for that reason alone. You would need a couple tanks to keep growing out sponges to feed it enough or it will perish unfortunately.

I've all ways wanted an Aussie Echinata. Also, I LOVE the ORA Pearlberry! As for fish... I've all ways liked the Achilles Tang.
[/quote]

so ive heard, hence the reason i dont have one yet.... but ive heard they take realllly well to new life spectrum....i think bill from IA was telling me that....

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
I want a yellow tang, or any tang for that matter...but will wait till I have a larger tank.

now for a coral...i wouldnt mind some of these

rastas_23240.jpg

*cough* Darryl lol

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
davesolo29 link said:
very cool indeed.
i would like some of that as well.
is it expensive?  i will go splits on it with you.

I read somewhere 275-400. But I would doubt there's any left.

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
jerry_doucette link said:
[quote author=davesolo29 link=topic=3191.msg26294#msg26294 date=1348441344]
very cool indeed.
i would like some of that as well.
is it expensive?  i will go splits on it with you.

I read somewhere 275-400. But I would doubt there's any left.
[/quote]They are being propagated by vendors and aquarists in the states so they do come available fairly regularly.....but ya the price is still high.  Although they seem to be good growers from what I read and the prices seem to be coming down.  Pretty soon you will be able to get a tiny fragment for a couple of hundred....yah....lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.