One coral, One fish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Duke link said:
a cleaner wrasse isnt going to get rid of ich its only going to remove the visible cysts from the fish which is only one of a few stages of the ich parasite, there will always be ich in that tank as long as theres fish in it, the only cure is to go fishless for 2-3months to break the parasites cycle.

well the 'cure' for me was a cleaner wrasse.... i have living proof it worked for me, i didnt SAY it is completely gone from the system, but it has never come out to a stage again where visible infection is present, so assuming that it cannot complete the cycle and HASNT for 6+ months, the ich is without reasonable doubt, gone from my system... and the only thing i did to help was the cleaner wrasse....
not sure why something that worked for me is 'wrong'?  ???

[/quote]Not true.....powder blue tangs are worse for ich
[/quote]

i would strongly believe that is a matter of opinion, like my statement, unless you have some hard evidence for that...

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
The ich is not gone from your system.  My powder blue got ick out of the blue (aggression issues I think)....no other tang got it (I have 6) and it left on its own...no wrasse, shrimp or treatment.  Lots of people have tangs that have seem to have never had ick but than they move or have something happen to the tank and the tangs get ick...or rather the ick comes out of the stressed fish.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Darryl_V link said:
The ich is not gone from your system.  My powder blue got ick out of the blue (aggression issues I think)....no other tang got it (I have 6) and it left on its own...no wrasse, shrimp or treatment.  Lots of people have tangs that have seem to have never had ick but than they move or have something happen to the tank and the tangs get ick...or rather the ick comes out of the stressed fish.

very true, i agree its not gone from my system... but just like some cancers (for a comparision), you have it all the time, right from when your born, something specific happens that triggers it and it goes crazy and can kill you. So its always present in YOUR system but if its not a problem, you wouldnt say u have cancer even though you do... catch my drift? i guess it breaks down to grammer lol :p

what im just saying is that i had it and cleaner wrasse helped me, end of story, ive learned in this hobby that there is 100 different ways to reach a certain point, and each persons way differs from someone else.

as for the tangs and there risk to getting ich, lets just say blue tangs and powder blue tangs are both high up on the chart ya? :)

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Powder Blue Tangs are more susceptible to ich than Regal Tangs.

and

Once you have ich in a reef tank u either live with it or theres only 2 ways to get rid of it, and a cleaner wrasse isn't one of them.

iantower

Would love one of these blue spotted jawfish... I hear they have a great personality... even better then a Blenny, and if that's true then they must be great! For $200 - $300 he should perform a vegas show for me too!

As for the coral... not really a coral but you get the drift... the blue carpet anemone. One day when the tank is larger... way larger!

expensive taste, but that's why they are on a wish list and not actually in the tank right now!

Cheers!

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Duke link said:

and

Once you have ich in a reef tank u either live with it or theres only 2 ways to get rid of it, and a cleaner wrasse isn't one of them.

dude... the discussion was over?

but since you want to bring it up again...

its an opinion, but since you feel so strongly, give me hard evidence (survey, poll, study, article by scientist that sorta thing) that powders are more susceptible to ich than regals, i cant give you any that blues are more susceptible than powders because i dont have any, it was an opinion

and its gone from mine, the wrasse worked for me, i have no ich anymore and havnt for 6 months....
why is that hard to believe/accept for you?

its like me saying the sun rises and shines in the window on the left of my bed and your telling me im wrong cuz because it rises and shines on the right of yours  ??? .... different factors equal different experiences and results, but the end result remains the same, the sun still rises...you simply CANNOT argue with that...and if you refer back to the discussion, just because my experience is something you cant understand?, doesn't mean its wrong...

davesolo29 link said:
i like happy endings. ;D

i do to... but i guess not everyone does...

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Brandon link said:
[quote author=Duke link=topic=3191.msg27204#msg27204 date=1349692516]

and

dude... the discussion was over?

but since you want to bring it up again...

its an opinion, but since you feel so strongly, give me hard evidence (survey, poll, study, article by scientist that sorta thing) that powders are more susceptible to ich than regals, i cant give you any that blues are more susceptible than powders because i dont have any, it was an opinion

and its gone from mine, the wrasse worked for me, i have no ich anymore and havnt for 6 months....
why is that hard to believe/accept for you?

its like me saying the sun rises and shines in the window on the left of my bed and your telling me im wrong cuz because it rises and shines on the right of yours  ??? .... different factors equal different experiences and results, but the end result remains the same, the sun still rises...you simply CANNOT argue with that...and if you refer back to the discussion, just because my experience is something you cant understand?, doesn't mean its wrong...

davesolo29 link said:
i like happy endings. ;D

i do to... but i guess not everyone does...
[/quote]

i really am not trying to argue with you, i'd just hate to have someone in the future with a serious problem like ich search through the forums and come across this thread and think that a cleaner wrasse is going to help fix their problems. I could have just bit my lip like Darryl and went on with my day as im by no means an expert but i do know that through alot of reading on my part that ich cannot be fixed by adding a cleaner wrasse. if you want to read about ich, theres 100's of really good articles all over the net about it and what to do if you have it in your tank. Heres a great one to start, http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1986013

dale

duke is right, ich will allways b in your tank once youve had it unless you go fishless or dose with chemicals that would kill everythin in your tank,. just because you dont see it doesnt mean its not there/.. IT IS., a cleaner wrass will eat the visible parasites but not the other 2 stages of the parasites life, its your fishes immune systems the keep it at bay, if your fish get badly stressed or your water gets really bad ., it will come back,  i had an ick outbreak a bunch of months ago ., some of my fish fought it off and some died,.,  no sign of it since, BUT it is still there and i know it.  ., and if a fish is more susseptable that just means that the visable parasites will be able to attatch themselves to that fish more often, its defenses arnt as good as others for that particular problem..

R

reeffreak

RR_5051573de9a30_zps24f0b6f4.jpg

:drool:

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
I guess that was turning into an arguement rather than a discussion
Apologies....  :-\

I will drop it :)
Happy thanksgiving to everyone !

Seggsy

I am not a huge acro guy, but some of these posts are starting to sway me.

Nope - I actually have my one and one.  Love the look of triggers, and goby shimp pairs are cool.... but green mandarins have always been my fave.

And I have to go with my rastas zoas as my fav coral.

BIGSHOW

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Website
www.bigshowfrags.com
Hayes link said:
[quote author=reeffreak link=topic=3191.msg27216#msg27216 date=1349703043]
RR_5051573de9a30_zps24f0b6f4.jpg

:drool:

Love this piece, Jay has a hunk waiting for me (hopefully still does) and should pick up next week

Dwayne
[/quote]

He did have it put aside for you. ~3" piece

I took the rest of them. :)

BIGSHOW

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Website
www.bigshowfrags.com
Darryl_V link said:
[quote author=reeffreak link=topic=3191.msg27267#msg27267 date=1349785506]
ya he wouldnt sell me the last piece ....
There is more at RR...he has the colony still.    Not sure but he might have had a couple colonies.  Sold in pieces of course....
[/quote]

He did, and he does still have a colony, but I was told that it was destined for RR USA. (I think it was beside Dwayne's piece in the back tank)

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
How has the colour been holding out.....any changes?  It seems almost too light to be true.  I bet it needs to be pounded by light.....definitely one to mount at the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.