Phil's 90 Gallon Build Thread

nexusnight

The check valve should have an arrow the shows the direction of flow on it. Also just a side note, I would recommend u use unions on both ends of that check valve so u can clean it. If u can't ever clean it it's likely to fail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

100gallon

So I'm in trouble. The tank is cracked and the crack is getting larger. Anyone with a 60 x 18 deep by whatever high?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

100gallon

Hey there. Thanks. I saw that there was a surface chip when I bought it...however there obviously was a sub surface crack in the front pane sitting below the black trim. When I got home last night I thought there was a fissure....now I know...

Spanky

Do you need an extra tank to hold you over for a little while? I have a small 30ish gallon (goofy size) that you could pick up today if you need it. Just PM me. Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help.

100gallon

Thanks but as mentioned it is drained and there is nothing to hold. Tha K you very much for the offer! I sent you a pm spanky.

sunnykita

Super Active Member
geesh ! just saw this, so sorry about the crack, now I understand why you're looking for another tank, I was more confused than I normally am :confused:

100gallon

Ordering a 112 bean animal drilled from aquariums by design. Have to scrape funds together...hopefully Heath takes the filter she said she bought from me!

100gallon

This being said if I am going g to have a bean animal set up, where/who could source a coast to coast weir for a 60 " long tank? Next would be to find the plumbing pieces. I have found that the plumbing is sometimes the hardest to source....unions, valves, adapters etc made out of the white pvc.

nexusnight

Where are you located. If u get down to london Gary at Sealife can eat all ir plumbing gear and do the overflow. He did mine and it looks great!
ubezanaj.jpg
bege9amu.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sewerat

Super Active Member
I have found a few local places stock some stuff, lowes is decent and tsc is ok. Home Depot is useless as is home hardware. For some hard to find stuff I have used BRS. But lowes is my normal go to place if I'm getting lots, they are a bit cheaper then TSC. The most important thing is to plan it put exactly what you want, and then get extra cause it might not fit just how you want it, and don't forget to leave room to grow in the future when you decide you want to add a reactor or a pre filter or recirculating or who knows what. Valve for draining and cleaning is nice but not required, valve for filling is again nice, lots to think about

100gallon

Thanks! Looking to do a C2C weir, no teeth, black acrylic. Any ideas on the source for the acrylic and bending it? It will need to be a little short of 60" long. Should I maybe go glass?