Phil's 90 Gallon Build Thread

100gallon

I am just waiting on my gate valves for inlet and return.....then we should be gtg for water....sooo slow I know!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

100gallon

Yee haw
uploadfromtaptalk1407365869386.jpg

100gallon

LOL have to wait for a few weeks! I won't be able to fill it until the first week of september :( I need my gates to arrive from BRS....to finish plumbing!!

EricTMah

Aquariums by Design
Website
www.aquariumsbydesign.ca
Is it filling yet?

:D just kidding.

If I were you. I'd actually start filling the display while you wait. RO water takes time to make. I would get the tank in it's final resting place and fill it to about an inch below the bulkhead/overflow teeth. That will save you about a day or two when you get the final pieces of the plumbing. Or even start making and collecting ro water in containers.

Just a suggestion.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

100gallon

I cut the overflow ones. I didn't think I was supposed to cut the higher ones....I have check valve in manifold from return side. Torx diagram indicated the low sides were too high. I will be designing my own sump after I get rolling...I want a taller sump...possibly remote location.

sunnykita

Super Active Member
best of luck, leaks definitely aren't fun to deal with ! it'll be great when you've got it up and running and stocked, it will make up for what you're dealing with while getting it going !

100gallon

It's actually the threaded barb that was leaking. I will let you know when I get back tonight if the new fitting works. Water is clear now at least lol.

nexusnight

Just curious, why so many gate valves in the manifold. That had to cost a small fortune lol

One thing I noticed also is what direction does check valve sit? It has to be vertical to operate correctly.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk