Photos from my 120

nexusnight

dude you should do up a calendar for the fragfest!!!!, bet u could sell a pile of em and either make some cash for ur addiction,lol, or donate it:)
Absolutely beautiful work Jordan

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
lonely island is fucking hilarious... cant believe some of you guys havent seen that before,
they are from SNL

jroovers

Super Active Member
Thanks for the compliments!

Duke link said:
Are you just hand shooting these or do you use an articulating tripod? and these were shot with the 5dmIII and the just the standard canon 100mm 2.8 macro?

These were shot with the 6D, no tripod and hand held, with a top down box.  Some are taken with the 24-105, and the closer ups are taken with the 100 2.8 macro (the non-IS version).  On some of the corals like my strawberry shortcake, it is so close to the surface that the focal distance is less than the min focal distance on the 24-105 so I can't get a top down with that, and it barely gets within the min focal range of the macro, so all I can really get top down is a close-up macro type shot. 

Big_Als_London link said:
Also I forgot you got the hoeksemai. How is it doing?

It is doing well, slowly encrusting and growing at the tips too actually, so far holding its color.  I'll get a shot for you next time I get my camera out.

unibob link said:
They are just killer pics, I would hang it in my fish room :)

If you want a specific picture or pictures, shoot me a PM, I'd be happy to send you a larger file and you can get it printed.  Costco I find is the best bang for the buck for printing, max size I believe is 16" by 20", canvas goes bigger (but way more expensive).  I got a bunch of photos printed 8x10 there and put them in ikea frames, and they look really nice, especially given the price point.  I also got a canvas done 40" by 30", looks sharp. 

Salty Cracker link said:
http://youtu.be/4pXfHLUlZf4

That is a classic!  I opened up the window and a breeze blew in...  :eek:

nexusnight link said:
dude you should do up a calendar for the fragfest!!!!, bet u could sell a pile of em and either make some cash for ur addiction,lol, or donate it:)

In theory, it is a pretty good idea.  You would have to charge more than people would be willing to pay though to make any funds.  Last time I looked, it would cost between $15 to $20 to get a calendar done (minimum), and I couldn't rationalize the cost.  I was actually just looking at getting a few done for family for Christmas.  You could print off a whole bunch and then get stuck with them if they didn't sell.  You would have to do it on a pre-order or pre-pay basis to make it work.  Not a bad fundraising idea though if enough people showed interest.  A cool idea would be to sell calendars of TOTM - for example, if RC can stick to their one tank a month TOTM, take all 12 FTS and put them in a calendar, would be pretty cool. 

jroovers

Super Active Member
Thanks guys.

Forgot this one, Mr. Clean :)

12841881155_406fd8d56c_c.jpg

jroovers

Super Active Member
Some photos I didn't get a chance to post previously.

F & I prostrata is starting to bud back out nicely:
13466616333_31d176490c_c.jpg

Aaron, here is that A. Hoekesemai, its holding its colour and slowly encrusting while also growing out at the tips:
13466592063_1a3aaa6c6e_c.jpg

RD
13466855684_650439ff1c_c.jpg

PL
13466522585_8b3969bd87_c.jpg

13466500915_f156c92306_c.jpg

jroovers

Super Active Member
Thanks guys, here are a couple of quick, long overdue FTS.  First one is with Cree RBs on, the second is with T5's only (2 ATI coral +, 2 ATI aqua blue special).

The right pillar still looks strange to me without the giant fire and ice colony.  It will fill back out soon enough though.  Have lots of other smaller colonies on that pillar too that need to grow out a bit.

13471160004_f320c15f9b_b.jpg

13470802035_c561f86307_b.jpg