Powder Blue Tang Problems.

SamB

Super Active Member
Great work Steve to help to start the treatment process !!
You can see from the pics that the PBT is infested at the moment ...
Keep us posted

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
Great work Steve to help to start the treatment process !!
You can see from the pics that the PBT is infested at the moment ...
Keep us posted
ya he does have quite a bit but just over night i notices the bumps on the skin arent popping out anymore his body is almost smooth again so will wait a week before i start to raise the copper. the lower i can keep the levels and have it work the better for the fish stresswise but is seems like the base recommended dosage is doing well after another day or two im gonna dip him in methylene blue since i didnt on arrival. he was stressed enough from being caught so just want him to settle down a bit but is eating swimming and breathing well all very good signs

SamB

Super Active Member
J T Acrylics sells a great trap - see him at the Brantford show !
Check to make sure he will have traps with him !

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
Yeah it was quite the fiasco trying to catch the little bastard lol. Thanks again Steve.
P.s probably shoulda sent u with some food since he eats like a pig lol.
no worries i got half a pack of nori and no more tangs lol besides i buy mysis by the 1lb flat because of the seahorses and i get a good deal.... its just nice to have a pb around they are my favorite but my setup isnt ideal for a big fish long term.

Sounds like somebody needs a fish trap lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
One big enough would not have fit between his coral jungle and the glass lol :)

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
UPDATE:2

Well i must say i am quite shocked i turn on the lights and rileys pb ran away and replaced himself with a almost perfect one lmao could only find 4 little things on him hopefully nothing returns after a week or so then i can remove the copper with carbon and do a couple water changes before bringing the guy back home.... looks like this mystery parasite has met his maker for the second time :)

He looks pretty good now minus the water marks on my glass lol
20150216_100458.jpg 20150216_100507.jpg 20150216_100503.jpg

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
he will be left in the medicated water for another two weeks if he stays clean ill swap the water and see how he holds up for a extra week then he should be fine