REACTORS!!!

• Thread starter phi delt reefer
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

pulpfiction1

Reef Scavenger
i dont think it sounds stupid at all,i know some that still use media bags in the sump,it all depends on what it is you want in the tank and how you want to employ that product,

Blob-79

Super Active Member
ricklalonde link said:
[quote author=Exotic Reef link=topic=1186.msg7610#msg7610 date=1310054465]
people on this forum are really starting to piss me off..... I am offering the best prices you can find ANY WHERE and some still want more.....

Yikes... ??

Rick
[/quote]

:) thanks for quoting that rick lol

P

phi delt reefer

vander45 link said:
this might sound stupid but are they crutial to have? i have a 65gal coral tank with a twenty gal sump and a protein skimmer

reactors ensure water is forced through the media vs around it. You can't really run pellets passively (i've seen it done but everyone switches over to a reactor shortly afterwards - they get all over the place as they degrade and mulm buildup needs constant attention)  but GFO and Carbon can be run in a small micron bag. Its all a matter of efficiency. That and most of us diehard reefies are gadget nerds when it comes down too it :)

spyd

Super Active Member
I don't see anything wrong with that reactor & pellet price... Normally, I purchase from JLAquatics as they have very good pricing and free shipping over $100.00. You compare the Group buy price to what they have and there is a world of a difference in what we save....

P

phi delt reefer

so we are down to four if blob-79 is still in.

Cam Turner from KWAS might be in as well but i dont have a 100% from him yet.

S

shayneh

ricklalonde link said:
[quote author=Exotic Reef link=topic=1186.msg7610#msg7610 date=1310054465]
people on this forum are really starting to piss me off..... I am offering the best prices you can find ANY WHERE and some still want more.....

Yikes... ??

Rick
[/quote]

WOW! Are you kidding me? I can't believe a store owner even thought to type that because a couple members were asking some questions based on actual numbers posted earlier. Apparently the members here are mind readers and knew it was a manufacturer special and were questioning your price discrepency out of spite. Last I heard this forum was free for suppliers......perhaps if you go join AP.ca and pay $200-400 extra per month to be a sponsor to get the perks you get here for free you'll be a bit more appreciative of the members here and how they're killing your bottom line.....You've officially joined my list of stores not to visit.

With an attitude like this it's starting to become apparent why the last business venture failed.

C

Cal_stir

as a former owner/operator, I can tell you, the customer is NOT always right.
sounds like Darren was a bit frustrated and vented, I think it happens to all of us once in a while.

Blob-79

Super Active Member
Thank you Shayneh :) Ive been biting my tongue....because I knew what I was going to say wasnt going to be nice. that and I know from past experiences if I hold back...youll open your mouth lol.

between this and the "photo of the month scandal" yes I said it....I feel the same way. *edit* notice the complete lack of apology for either issue. *edit

Cal I totally understand what your saying and you are right. I dont know what has gone on with other members, but logic tells me that when you boast "the lowest prices anywhere" your going to get people wanting just that...To me though, it seems that my post, the one that mentions a past sale he had going and was curious how a group buy could cost more then a single regular sale. I wasnt trying to be rude, all he had to do was say, sorry that was a manufacturer's promo. I would have understood.

honestly though, this was a thread to organize a group buy. The person organizing the group buy is the person who is in contact with the vendors...imo a vendor shouldnt be coming onto a thread where we are discussing what brand and what price options we have. We werent here trying to haggle him down, we were discussing a group purchase amongst ourselves.

Z

Zakk

I might be interested, I'm currently running 2 phosban reactors with GFO and ROX.  I -think- you have to not run GFO when the pellets are used (?) so would there be any benefit for me to get in on this (instead of just running the pellets in the phosban when I remove the GFO), and why... also I'm using a maxijet 1200 throttled down on the 2 phosbans, I've seen the vertex run with much bigger pumps, would this require a pump upgrade? 

C

Cal_stir

Blob-79 link said:
honestly though, this was a thread to organize a group buy. The person organizing the group buy is the person who is in contact with the vendors...imo a vendor shouldnt be coming onto a thread where we are discussing what brand and what price options we have. We werent here trying to haggle him down, we were discussing a group purchase amongst ourselves.
i think you have "hit the nail on the head" vendors shouldn't be surfing the threads like that, it can only cause problems

P

phi delt reefer

Zakk link said:
I might be interested, I'm currently running 2 phosban reactors with GFO and ROX.  I -think- you have to not run GFO when the pellets are used (?) so would there be any benefit for me to get in on this (instead of just running the pellets in the phosban when I remove the GFO), and why... also I'm using a maxijet 1200 throttled down on the 2 phosbans, I've seen the vertex run with much bigger pumps, would this require a pump upgrade?

you need about 400-500 gph to go through the reactor so it may not be enough.

Blob-79

Super Active Member
Zakk link said:

as far as if you have enouph flow...no clue, not sure how much the vertex need. as far as the gfo and rox...its really up to you, if your haveing a phosphate problem, by all means run some gfo in a separate reactor. Alot of people are running all 3 not really because its needed, but because they like the improved ability to reduce phosphates, so they can feed lots. I ran gfo, carbon and bio pellets at first, untill I felt i didnt need the gfo anymore, I still run carbon off and on though.

Z

Zakk

Well if it needs another high flow pump, I'm out, I'm having a temp problem as it is.  83 now even with the air con on, and that's the highest I like it to ever get. 

I like the idea of the bio pellets, but maybe I'll try a turf scrubber off my sump return for now....less heat :)

pulpfiction1

Reef Scavenger
im running a maxi 1200 on my vertex 20 with bio pellets at the moment while my tank is down and its throttled down on the reactor to about 60% flow,i think i could run 2 vertex 15 on a maxi 1200 depending on what was in them(bio pellets and carbon would work)

P

phi delt reefer

pulpfiction1 link said:
im running a maxi 1200 on my vertex 20 with dio pellets at the moment while my tank is down and its throttled down on the reactor to about 60% flow,i think i could run 2 vertex 15 on a maxi 1200 depending on what was in them(bio pellets and carbon would work)

beauty! - that save's me some cash as well.

P

phi delt reefer

Its just me you and cam at this point.

I think its fallen apart from the looks of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.