RO/DI system

B

branw

Any suggestions of where I can purchase one of these. Any good deals out there?

pulpfiction1

Reef Scavenger
new RODI on ebay for $140 delivered from victoria bc,buddy of mine got one,works excellent

they have a website as well

http://www.aquasafecanada.com/store/aquarium-ro-di-filter-systems/aquarium-ii-7-stage-ro-di-system

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
pulpfiction1 link said:
new RODI on ebay for $140 delivered from victoria bc,buddy of mine got one,works excellent

they have a website as well

http://www.aquasafecanada.com/store/aquarium-ro-di-filter-systems/aquarium-ii-7-stage-ro-di-system

I had bought one of these or similar eBay brand, worked but media and filters expired quickly and found the plastic construction wasn't something appealing.

A good used one might be an option depending on price and condition / age of the filters/media

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Filters are the same for all of them.. Buy quality filters and any system should be good, I got a 5 stage from brs for less than 200,i wouldn't have a problem with that eBay one.. Looks as good as any to me

MrHermit85

Test the water coming out of the system... Unless you have colour changing DI then it will go yellowy. Best wAy IMO is to test water output though.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
MrHermit85 link said:
Test the water coming out of the system... Unless you have colour changing DI then it will go yellowy. Best wAy IMO is to test water output though.

+1,
My di changes colour and the TDS is still 0 for weeks

Jewel

You say they're all the same and I would agree that the cheap ones are all the same but if you look at the Vertex 100 gl with the computer processor on it then they are not all the same. At bit pricey at 340 but it's a really nice unit.

MrHermit85

Jewel link said:
You say they're all the same and I would agree that the cheap ones are all the same but if you look at the Vertex 100 gl with the computer processor on it then they are not all the same. At bit pricey at 340 but it's a really nice unit.

What's the computer processor for? Does it play movies and music while you wait? ::)

Petercar (RIP Dec 2017)

Distinguished Member
Donor
i have that unit. the vertek 100 gpd  that unit has a 4:1 waster water ratio.  yur not throwing a whole lot of water down the drain.  that provesser is just a high techie digital tds meter that does the badkflush are start up and reads when its all at 0 tds  a
so it has a boost pressure gauge

MrHermit85

Petercar link said:
i have that unit. the vertek 100 gpd  that unit has a 4:1 waster water ratio.  yur not throwing a whole lot of water down the drain.  that provesser is just a high techie digital tds meter that does the badkflush are start up and reads when its all at 0 tds  a

I like the waste water ratio! It sucks sending all that water down the drain everyday.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
MrHermit85 link said:
[quote author=Petercar link=topic=7103.msg73874#msg73874 date=1387457405]

I like the waste water ratio! It sucks sending all that water down the drain everyday.
[/quote]

+1. I run my drain into another rodi unit as waste sucks :(

shovelnose

I bought the PuraTek DELUXE 100 by Vertex 100GPD here in London. Initial cost is pricey. $340+tax. But water is pricey here and the 1-1.5 waste ratio is a good thing. Also I run the waste water to the washing machine so it's not really wasted. I haven't had it very long but it has performed flawlessly. It has an auto backflush, a booster pump, a tds meter and a pressure shut off.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Definitely a solid unit, like the waste ratio too. How many psi does booster pump go up to?