Rotifers, Copapods, Brine And Greenwater

Themaddhatter

eba9501f0bb671f9b7992c402f4e596a.jpg

Well, got 2 of these cooked up and they're as dark as the original batch from you. Going to need to get some carboys too. How much can I dose daily? If anyone need some and Steve is out I can spare a few water bottles worth. 5 bucks should be fine.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
you can feed alot depending on alot of things but you need to start smaller and work your way up or you will get an algae bloom. i feed about 1 litre a week in my 90 but i split it up throughout the week when i dose my regiment

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
3 gallons will be ready for this weekend. brine shrimp i put on hold till i have another batch of seahorse fry since there wasnt much interest. getting everything set for rotifiers and either tiger pods or tangerine pods.

my question of they day for you is would you rather tiger pods or tangerine pods?

Pistol

Super Active Member
Donor
tisbe pods are benthic, bottom dwelling thus good for mandrins and multiplying in the tank, tiger pods are planktonic, drift in the water column thus are eaten quickly by all fish.

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
Could these be used to seed a system?

the best time to start pods is after the cycling is done before you get livestock

tisbe pods are benthic, bottom dwelling thus good for mandrins and multiplying in the tank, tiger pods are planktonic, drift in the water column thus are eaten quickly by all fish.

Establishing these in the sump instead of display avoids that verby situation that way new nauplii get dump in your system constantly which some will mature most will get eaten but your sump keeps then safe to produce away from fish

My vote is tisbe then...or was that even an option?

I wont be doing tisbe for the soul purpose they are bottom dwelling and really better suited for mandarins and other dragonettes. Im doing the larger tiger pods and the smaller tangerine pods due to the fact they have more nutrition and will feed not only your mandarin but filter feeders and corals much better than the tisbe do.