Rotifers, Copapods, Brine And Greenwater

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
wont be ready for a while greenwater maybe a month or two i gotta grow enough to sustain my copapod and rotifer culturs they will each prob consume a gallon a week

Can you send to Ottawa? I want to be in too :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
i could check into it for ya but shipping cost might be the price of starter culture and pump. Plus if i send a unmarked bottle of green substance to ottawa these days i might get shot for terrorism lmao

lieu1

Hahaha. Don't worry, people send Phyto, Tisbe copepod all over Canada !!! I need a lot to feed the red dragonets and sea horses. :))

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
Hahaha. Don't worry, people send Phyto, Tisbe copepod all over Canada !!! I need a lot to feed the red dragonets and sea horses. :))

Nice another seahorse keeper :) thats why i started doing it myself since im breeding mine and they eat a crap ton of brine and those brine eat a crap ton of hufa supplement and greenwater lol

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
started from 600ml culture and now have 2-2 litre bottles brewing plus a 600 ml bottle of nice dense culture for my use... next is the carbuoy filling.
20150630_183015.jpg
20150702_140618.jpg i can barely see my finger through it with a light right above :)

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
so i might have one 600ml bottle for whoever wants it this weekend but will be first come first serve $5 for the super concentrated.... tdizz is getting the other 600ml bottle since he just bought a crap ton of frags from me :)

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
Scuba I'll take that bottle of pods. I have to give a lung to @kevintran for some sweet cherry pie
lmao ya but its worth it his colonies are shag carpets with all that pe. i havnt started the pods yet this is just the phyto(greenwater) but its very concentrated. You cant even see your fingers through the bottle and it has zero smell so you know its all alive lol

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
just got the carboy rolling so all goes well ill have 4L ready in 2-3 weeks so will post again a couple days before i split the culture...
IMG_20150722_142526.jpg

i always have lots of baby brine if wanted by anyone i have to start new batches daily as it is

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
@Themaddhatter wont have rotifers till i got 2 carboys rolling as they take alot of phyto themselves so gotta make sure i have enough or i will run out and lose everything.

@Sewerat sorry buddy i got your text but wasnt home from work till 10:30pm has been crazy insane lately.

To anyone wondering i am right smack dab in the middle of cambridge so everything will be pickup only unless im already coming your way. Just pm me for info and give me a bit i do work alot lol. Once i figure out all the shipping dates and costs ill be able to ship to members but not yet.

Phyto will be $5 for a water bottle full (is very concentrated so be careful)
And brine depends how much you want but again are only freshly hatched not raised but great for fry just let me know how much you need so i can add extra the day before you come.... i cant have my seahorses starve :)

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
i have around 4 litres of phyto that im harvesting as i type if anyone is interested 2l bottle is $15 and each 600ml water bottle full is $5. like every batch i do it is super concentrated and you cant see through the bottle at all and zero smell.