Rotifers, Copapods, Brine And Greenwater

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
steve, if you are looking for a bigger drum/container, I have 3 brine barrels here and you are welcome to one of them, I can always get more...
the biggest one i need is for the phyto since it pretty much feeds everything but if too big the light wont penetrate deep enough so it may be multiple large glass containers

pulpfiction1

Reef Scavenger
So any large container made of glass or plastic with a lid would work correct? You remember I'm in a transport truck I could bring the container if you could run home and fill it up to bring it back to me I know it's asking a lot.
Or tell me what size containers you have so I could substitute it with the exact same one or two as far as Mark is concerned

hahahha

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk HD

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
So any large container made of glass or plastic with a lid would work correct? You remember I'm in a transport truck I could bring the container if you could run home and fill it up to bring it back to me I know it's asking a lot.
Or tell me what size containers you have so I could substitute it with the exact same one or two as far as Mark is concerned

hahahha

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk HD
Lmao we will build a pipeline then haha....

As for the phyto im threatening it and yelling at it but it only likes fertilizer so much will be a bit before i have alot

RWH

Rick over at Living Aquarium cultures his in those 5 gallon glass carboys they use to make wine and beer in...
I think his lighting is behind the carboys but I'd have to look next time i'm in to be sure

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
Rick over at Living Aquarium cultures his in those 5 gallon glass carboys they use to make wine and beer in...
I think his lighting is behind the carboys but I'd have to look next time i'm in to be sure
Haha im there all the time who do you think im getting my culture from. I wasnt paying $18 shipping when they are five min away with high density cultures :)

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
glad im getting carboys lol cant wait till i have enough phyto to start my rotifers and copapods.... now as for copapods what are peoples thoughts should i raise the tangerine pods (water column swimmers) or tisbe pods (bottom dwelling) or a mix of both :)

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
Can you separate tanks? One of each

dont really got enough patience for another batch lol let alone room.

Will it be ready for Friday? Lol
No its not even going yet just started the phyto but even that takes time to darken and grow
20150611_121817.jpg
Once that gets darker i gotta put it in the carboy with heat and light once that is full i will have enough to sustain the rotifers and pods and whoever else lol i do have a crap ton of baby brine too big for my babies tho