Tank blew a leak

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
Man, when I first read this, I didn't even really know what to say.....sorry of course Brandon, but I just couldn't even imagine....gonna be a lot of work but I hope everything will make it okay. How are the corals and fish looking?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Petercar (RIP Dec 2017)

Distinguished Member
Donor
i think i may have 2 extras at home.  when i put mine together  cuz i ordered extras.  then teebone got 2.  three quarters from me.  them when i ordered the socks 2 weeks ago i was goin fo freew shipping  so i ordered 3 more. nut looks like they shipped the wrong ones.  but i wont be home tonite to look.  there is a another storm commg tomowwa into wednesday ...yuncan actually get them in 2 days but yud have to drive to oort huron...another idea. is miracles will have them.  and yu could get em purolater  tomowwa

Petercar (RIP Dec 2017)

Distinguished Member
Donor
teebone110 link said:
I have a bunch of 1 inch and 11/2 11/4 fittings and bulkheads too

Let me know if you need some

Also need another 3/4 bulkhead from you petercar, should have taken u up on
your offer lol
i still have the one left i took with me when i set them for yu ..the wrong ones BRS send are not 3/4. so i may be ordering more.    it wont be worth it to send them back

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
ive got all the plumbing i need,
sump doesnt fit under the stand so its going behind the wall, my help bailed on my so the tank still sitting in my garage. hopefully my buddy can come tmrw morning, but no idea yet :/
no losses for fish or coral yet, though the temp in some containers is dipping down to 20C :(
this is all very last minute and very frustrating work.

are firesale has crossed my mind, kind of a good thing i just spent alot of money on this new tank so i have to see this through...

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Daisy chain the tubes together with some hose pieces,  use a small mj to pump water from one into another, put your heater in one tub. The water will stay nicely mixed, provide some flow and heat. Make sence?

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
even a small space heater in the room might help

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Managed to get my sump out from under my old tank and almost all the corals are in there, I'm not seeing any tissue loss but I haven't got a clue at this  point in time.
Took the day off work again so working on it now.
Tanks in place
uha2e7u3.jpg

and just gotta run to home hardware to grab the final few pieces of plumbing. Going through to wall to a sump behind.
ajy9u4yh.jpg

ymapuzy2.jpg

For lighting- the tank came with a brand new 3-250w mh unit with 4 pc bulbs- 24w each.
I'm going to use it for now,
But as soon as I have the dough I'll be buying a 60" t5 or 2 - 36" t5s

The unit is fairly nice though.
Ballasts are built in so it weighs a ton lol
8epy6u5a.jpg

bujetuny.jpg
pazyge7e.jpg

yhuqe2u5.jpg

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
reeferkeeper420 link said:
You shoulda pmd me in a emergency like that i woulda helped you get it into ur basement.

Lol I called a cousin and he stopped by Before work this am. Else I would have turned to here.
Thanks for the offer though!

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Check the seals on the "new" tank... 

The old one is likely quite salvageable.  Just clean out the old silicone and re-seal.  Might be good as a backup for the new one.  :)

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Salty Cracker link said:
Check the seals on the \"new\" tank... 

The old one is likely quite salvageable.  Just clean out the old silicone and re-seal.  Might be good as a backup for the new one.  :)

The 'new' tank is brand new, literally, never had water in it. :)
Been sitting in it's original box with styrofoam.

And no, if this one leaks that's it.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Bayinaung link said:
oh man!  how are your corals???? hope they are alright.

Everything looks ok, but we'll see!

On a good note we have lift off
equtugy8.jpg

Hopefully she'll
Be up and running for the basics by tonight

reefin

Hope it all works out for ya Mr! Too bad I didn't this earlier! I could have had all yur pluming needs at the store in a couple of hours!