TAP WATER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blob-79

Super Active Member
shayneh link said:
LOL! You do realize this whole statement doesn't make any sense and for all I care add your bong water Mr. 420. You completely missed the boat.
Also just so I have it clear, it's ok for you to tell us to shut our traps because it's not our money (nor is it yours) yet you talk about swinging your little your ban hammer.....there must be something in your water.

LMAO!! finally..been waiting for this all day...you didnt disappoint!

S

shayneh

Also 420 you talk about keeping many corals....what kinds of coral do you keep specifically? This will help to determine your position on the matter. Any pics of this self medicating tank that will make us all weep with envy? (BTW No using pics off the net either)

;D Blob I was away today...lol!

iantower

I can't believe you guys have this thing still going lol...
So we all know where I stand on this and still believe it is possible to keep a reef system going (not SPS) with tap water as I did for a while.... but... I have switched to RO/DI water and have noticed a huge difference in diatoms/Cyno/overall health and colouration of my corals.
The best option is ofcoarse to go the RO/DI way but some people can get away with not doing it... though it may not be the best option or gives your tank friends the best environment to flourish, it is still possible. In the end though, after a while of constant water changes and cleaning diatoms off your glass every morning, and wanting to upgrade to those harder to keep corals, most hobbiest, like myself... will suck it up and switch over, because even though the arguement can go on and on about what can be done, we all know whats best and what should be done, and thats to use RO/DI water.

Cheers!

S

shayneh

Boo ha ha ha! Iant welcome to the dark side brother! Thank you for shedding some light from the original tap water camp (Let us ro/di pushers know what we owe you for this post?). Seriously this post from you sums it all up best. There is a possibility it can be done (I've heard Sarnia is the place...LOL!) but for anyone that wants to have a stable and easier to maintain system ro/di is the way to go.

This is my new saying......"You could use tap, but why?"

iantower

LOL, well you original RO/DI pushers owe me 300 bucks for talking me into going the RO/DI route haha...
But thats a good saying, I'm now with you on it.

Blob-79

Super Active Member
Im going to make a T-shirt today saying "I helped convert Iantower" and wear it with pride :p

ya ian that post sums it all up. no one is saying tapwater is impossible. but once you see the difference in both the amount of work your tank requires, and corals booming..is tap water really worth it.

R

robin420

U guys miss the point totally. If anyone says they use tap water u too chumps jump on here and tear us apart for using tap.
Have u ever tried using it? probably not. Unlike myself I have used ro di before and I seen no difference from when I used tap water. So it is my choice to use tap water.

And also So what I burn everyday but the best part is only smokers themselves no what 420 is. So dont be a hypicrite. I dont need to post pics of my tank to prove shit to anyone. How bout u post a pic of ur tank and I will tell u ur sps looks like shit.

Like I said before keep stating facts and articles u read on the internet cuz without trying urself u never know the end result.
Wildlife can be delicate but yet it can adapt to conditions also.

So I am done with this now. 

Blob-79

Super Active Member
robin420 link said:
U guys miss the point totally. If anyone says they use tap water u too chumps jump on here and tear us apart for using tap.
Have u ever tried using it? probably not. Unlike myself I have used ro di before and I seen no difference from when I used tap water. So it is my choice to use tap water.  

..are you actually reading our posts? I actually helped you out and said it was possible..and linked a study done to show this. But then ended in saying, different areas will get different results...Do you actually think we have been in this hobby so long, and never use tap water? ive used tap water, and I used it for a long time. Back in the day when reef keeping was very difficult, and there were so many unknowns. Science has come a long way since those dark days :p and we know better now.

robin420 link said:
And also So what I burn everyday but the best part is only smokers themselves no what 420 is. So dont be a hypicrite. I dont need to post pics of my tank to prove shit to anyone. How bout u post a pic of ur tank and I will tell u ur sps looks like shit.
lol I dont "burn" and I know what 420 is....pretty sure its pretty common knowledge. Funniy how youve said you own a glass shop, in sarnia, even gave out the company name..then you admit to illegal drugs in another post.....just sayin....

Given how cocky you started out..saying how much better your tank is then many others, one would think you would jump at the chance to post pics proving your statements. There ae pics on the members pictures forums of my tanks. Im not hiding behind my text. Ive met with many peopleon this forum, fom frag trading to, buying tanks and stuff.

robin420 link said:
Like I said before keep stating facts and articles u read on the internet cuz without trying urself u never know the end result.

Studies are studies, I dont base my decisions on reading some joe blow who openly admits to "burning" everyday when he says "tap waters just fine man.." And contrary to  what you might think, I have used tap water. ive also used an aquaclear...before I upgraded to a biolife...LOL good old biolife. hell I was around when skimmers were first available to the general public...damn skilter..what a piece of junk that was lol (basically a aquaclear and a skimmer combined in to one.)

No one jumps on anyone in other threads, when they say they use tap water...there have been a few occasions. However this thread is the Tapwater thread, so we are debating tap water

robin420 link said:

That is true..wildlife can adapt. However, I dont see humans adapting to lead, arsnic, cianide..list goes on. These things are poison. Are you hoping thru contant copper dosing your mantis schrimp it will build an immunity?

R

reeffreak

Im pretty pisssed this thread turned into this bullshit . Calling poeple out and shit , messed up , some stand up poeple on here let me tell ya .

Blob-79

Super Active Member
meh..it happens when people debate things they are passonate with. I myself hold no grudges or anything like that. This is what it is, a debate. Ya some things have gone farther then they should have.../looks at shayneh lol but really its done in humour. at least thats how I read it. I mean the guy openly admits to partaking in illegal substances..not that im saying its bad or good, just saying that makes it open to comments. Although, I think all valid arguments have been stated, so continuing is just repeating everything. Although I would definitly miss the good times :p

R

reeffreak

Blob-79 link said:
meh..it happens when people debate things they are passonate with. I myself hold no grudges or anything like that. This is what it is, a debate. Ya some things have gone farther then they should have.../looks at shayneh lol but really its done in humour. at least thats how I read it. I mean the guy openly admits to partaking in illegal substances..not that im saying its bad or good, just saying that makes it open to comments. Although, I think all valid arguments have been stated, so continuing is just repeating everything. Although I would definitly miss the good times :p

ya but my point with ending it is that this should be something for someone to read and get information from to make an INFORMED decision about which route to go all the other b******T is WAYYYYYY uncalled for .

S

shayneh

I think that's how it started......I'm always up for a good clean adult debate  ;D

If your gonna proudly fly the 420 flag anywhere else but a 420 forum and make silly statements and call others names you gotta expect some flak for your extra curricular activities.

As far as continuing the debate.... I agree this horse has been whipped to death!

S

shayneh

LOL one thing I will point out is this thread is one of the longest and got a crap load of views so the drama must have helped.

C

crazybizzle

I fill my tank up with rain water and melting snow i have a hose on my roof that goes to a topoff tank..sometimes when there isnt any rain or snow i melt mr freezes..the white kind

S

shayneh

LMAO..... do you find the sugar in the freezies helps the beneficial bacteria? I suppose you don't have to carbon dose but I bet it's a bitch when you get a craving for some "make up water" and cut the sides of your lips on those damn wrappers.

Too funny....thanks!

Blob-79

Super Active Member
crazybizzle link said:
I fill my tank up with rain water and melting snow i have a hose on my roof that goes to a topoff tank..sometimes when there isnt any rain or snow i melt mr freezes..the white kind

ROFL...if you wouldnt have put in the mr freeze part. shayneh woulda lost it  ;)

S

shayneh

No I pee in my tanks so rainwater is way better....

Speaking of which this thread is now officially in the toilet and I am washing my hands of the issue....

Status
Not open for further replies.