tekksavvy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

Zakk

Anybody here use teksavvy? I'm trying to cancel my cable internet, and MAN they are giving me the runaround worse than ever.  My buddy is with them, and did say that because teksavvy has to use rogers hardware, you can get absolutely terrible service (a rogers tech has to come and fix any problems you have).  Still, I pay $220 a month here for phone, internet and cable with rogers...and I have a ton of furnished rental places that ALLL have 100% rogers service, so they stand to lose a ton of money every month (probably close to $24K per year).  The girl pissed me off so much I just slammed the phone down on her, I plan to get straight to a second tier person tonight and really go ballistic when I have all my account info and whatnot ready.  I guess that's their 'retention' plan...piss people off so they're too mad to cancel!  :mad:

Blob-79

Super Active Member
dude..all you gotta do is threaten to take all your buisiness to bell. my bill is much lower then yours, with all the movie channels and high def channels...my wifes good like that :)

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
I have had Teksavvy for 6 years or more now. I have never had an issue with them. I do not have cable interent through them as it is not available in my area at this time. They are just resellers of other company services, and yes, if there is a problem with the lines, a Rogers tech (or someone they hire to do Rogers work) will come out to fix the lines. I went to Teksavvy because I was so fed up with Bell and Cogeco that I would rather go without services.

Blob-79

Super Active Member
better yet, call and the first thing you say is " im calling to cancel my accounts" they will hand you off right away and bend over :p

Petercar (RIP Dec 2017)

Distinguished Member
Donor
We have no competion for cable in sarnia    We only have cogeco.  ..we had bell  for the Internet and phone. But when yu add it all up it's cheaper to bundle all 3  in one.    With cogeco ....with Rogers ad blockbuster closed. I a renting like 4 -5 movie a weekend    That's about how many DVDs I rented very weekend  But I have Netflix to

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
Just going on a cottage package with Bell express view. One account is allowed up to five different receivers and they haveno idea where they're located in the world.  Go in on it with five other people and get full package and split the bill. 

As far as movies go I just download all mine.  Haven't rented a movie in about five years

Quartapound

+1 for TekSavvy. They recently did a major upgrade in London that fixed issues people were having, and increased their capacity ( some friends on a waiting list for cable internet were recently called)
Speed is great, no throttling 2.2 megabytes per second on well seeded torrents ...
You get 1$ off per month for every referral you make,  my bill is like half price every month.
The company grew fast so had some pains,  but still 1000 times better than Rogers ... way higher cap... screw Rogers lol.

P

phi delt reefer

Zakk i am on teksavvy. Best service provider hands down. Had em since 2008. I have phone and 5gb down, 512mb upload dsl service. 300 gb total cap. Phone is not voip and i have call display plus call waiting for 65ish a month. That includes some ontario long distance.

Would recommend u wait till teksavvy is installed and working before switching off rogers.

Quartapound

Re: Re: tekksavvy

Neopimp link said:
Just going on a cottage package with Bell express view. One account is allowed up to five different receivers and they haveno idea where they're located in the world.  Go in on it with five other people and get full package and split the bill

...Or get FTA and get all of dishnetwork and bell ... only pay 20 a year lol

Blob-79

Super Active Member
Ya I share my satalite with a bunch of buddies, full plan with all the bells and whistles comes to around 25 a month per person

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Blob-79 link said:
Ya I share my satalite with a bunch of buddies, full plan with all the bells and whistles comes to around 25 a month per person

Way to stick it to the man .. 100 a month to watch TV is just insane

Quartapound

Duke link said:
[quote author=Blob-79 link=topic=2001.msg15324#msg15324 date=1327606858]

Way to stick it to the man .. 100 a month to watch TV is just insane
[/quote]

25 a month is still a ripoff if you ask me lol

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
25 is acceptable if u ask me. My parents have a place in Florida, we all share a directv subscription, full hd pvr costs 28usd a month for me and I'm happy with that.

Blob-79

Super Active Member
meh, i prefer to not have to worry about satalite going down. its worth the 25 a month to me. BTW you can have 6 recievers with bell now...thats a little more then $100.....

Z

Zakk

Darryl_V link said:
Personally I would leave some of this conversation for PM only.... but maybe Im just paranoid of \"the man\".  :eek:

I must have about 200 entries on their "troublemaker" list.  I have probably spent 200 hours on the phone with them over the years, I couldn't give two shits if they know I'm badmouthing them.  Besides, it's teksavvy using rogers hardware, they still win in the end.  ;D

Z

Zakk

phi delt reefer link said:
Zakk i am on teksavvy. Best service provider hands down. Had em since 2008. I have phone and 5gb down, 512mb upload dsl service. 300 gb total cap. Phone is not voip and i have call display plus call waiting for 65ish a month. That includes some ontario long distance.

Would recommend u wait till teksavvy is installed and working before switching off rogers.

Can't get teksavvy until you cancel rogers and wait 10 days  ???  Them's the rules. 

I have rogers extreme now, for ~$80 per month, the $46 option from TS is faster and 3 times the cap. 

Oh, and as much as I hate Rogers, bell is far far far far far far far worse.  Probably the worst customer service of anyone I have ever dealt with in north america, and hell I've been through a government audit.  I would actually perfer to be audited again than to ever have to deal with bell for anything (this is for those saying go for a bell receiver).

Status
Not open for further replies.