tekksavvy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quartapound

Zakk link said:
[quote author=Darryl_V link=topic=2001.msg15327#msg15327 date=1327609463]
Personally I would leave some of this conversation for PM only.... but maybe Im just paranoid of \"the man\".  :eek:

I must have about 200 entries on their "troublemaker" list.  I have probably spent 200 hours on the phone with them over the years, I couldn't give two shits if they know I'm badmouthing them.  Besides, it's teksavvy using rogers hardware, they still win in the end.  ;D
[/quote]

I think he was referring to this

Quartapound link said:
...Or get FTA and get all of dishnetwork and bell ... only pay 20 a year lol

lol

Blob-79

Super Active Member
really what does dtv have over bell? bell pvrs rock as well. not to mention if you managed to get your hands on the dual tv pvrs before they counted them as 2 actual recievers. technically my plan now has 9 recievers.....if you cant swing 25 a month for full programming....i wont even finish that :)

Quartapound

Zakk link said:
Can't get teksavvy until you cancel rogers and wait 10 days  ???  Them's the rules. 

True, unless you go with their DSL.  but then your getting throttled because your on bells network again.... or you can use their mutli-link PPPoe encryption, and a specialized router which will "tunnel" you through bell's network so you arent throttled.

Teksavvy cable is FAAAST, cheap, and not throttled (even though its on rogers network)

....Highly reccommended

Blob-79

Super Active Member
Zakk link said:
Oh, and as much as I hate Rogers, bell is far far far far far far far worse.  Probably the worst customer service of anyone I have ever dealt with in north america, and hell I've been through a government audit.  I would actually perfer to be audited again than to ever have to deal with bell for anything (this is for those saying go for a bell receiver).

This actually surprises me, I would say the same for rogers...i was with rogers before bell. Rogers slowely raised our bill everymonth, we would call every month...of course no explanation..eventually i just called and told them i was switching..then that is the only time i ever recieved any sort of "customer service" they were going to lower it less then what i originally was paying when i first joined.  I told them to shove it you know where.  Really In the end, both companies are stupid..they are both retarded companies to deal with. They reward newcomers and shit on loyal customers, for many years i just switched back and forth every year or so, just cause that was the only way to get a decent price.

If you go with anything else ( idk about tekksavvy, i dont even know what it is) like pirated american satalite, you never know if your going to be able to watch tv that night lol..i mean is it even up again?

Quartapound

Blob-79 link said:
really what does dtv have over bell?

more content.

8 HBO channels, 5 cinemax, 5 showtime, 8 Encore, 7 Starz....

I think there's around 20 movie channels on Bell?
TMN ,HBO Canada HD
TMN HD , AMC, MFUN ,AMC HD,MFUN HD ,MFest ,Mexcess ,Mexcess HD ,Mpix , Mpix HD ,Morepix ,HBO Canada,6  superchannels.... 

thats just a quick overview of movies... i didnt cover all the american satellite movie channels ( I didn't include any HD for example)
most of the other  channel categories are represented the same way....

(in my opinion)

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Blob-79 link said:
meh, i prefer to not have to worry about satalite going down. its worth the 25 a month to me. BTW you can have 6 recievers with bell now...thats a little more then $100.....

Why would it ever go down? Its a legit subscription and we pay the bill, and directv blows bell out of the water... 275+ full hd channels, much much better qualiity hd signal, you should see the dish on my house.

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Quartapound link said:
[quote author=Blob-79 link=topic=2001.msg15338#msg15338 date=1327615514]

more content.

8 HBO channels, 5 cinemax, 5 showtime, 8 Encore, 7 Starz....

TMN
HBO Canada HD
TMN HD
AMC
MFUN
AMC HD
MFUN HD
MFest
Mexcess
Mexcess HD
Mpix
Mpix HD
Morepix
HBO Canada

6  superchannels.... 

thats just a quick overview of movies... i didnt cover all the american satellite movie channels ( I didn't include any HD for example)
most of the other  channel categories are represented the same way....

(in my opinion)
[/quote]

Coming from someone with both systems...  This is crazy talk...

Quartapound

Duke link said:
[quote author=Blob-79 link=topic=2001.msg15332#msg15332 date=1327612856]
meh, i prefer to not have to worry about satalite going down. its worth the 25 a month to me. BTW you can have 6 recievers with bell now...thats a little more then $100.....

Why would it ever go down? Its a legit subscription and we pay the bill, and directv blows bell out of the water... 275+ full hd channels, much much better qualiity hd signal, you should see the dish on my house.
[/quote]

we're talking about 3 different things here...blob was referring to FTA satellite . totally agree DTV (or DishNetwork) destroys Bell

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Sorry misread.. Ya I agree with u.. Only thing bell has going for it.. Is Canadian news and Ntv.. Mw being from nfld

Blob-79

Super Active Member
i was refurring to the pirated crap, you need an american address to get dtv programming though do you not? If im right there, not everyone has that as an option.

...do you really need that much more then "
Quartapound link said:
[quote author=Blob-79 link=topic=2001.msg15338#msg15338 date=1327615514]
[/quote]

...how much TV do you watch lol

Quartapound

Duke link said:
Sorry misread.. Ya I agree with u.. Only thing bell has going for it.. Is Canadian news and Ntv.. Me being from nfld

lol I was wondering why Ntv on Bell would be considered a good thing.... quite often you can get local news OTA ;)  (and in HD even!)

Blob-79

Super Active Member
yea, im sure DTV is better, thats what everyone says. Myself, its not worth the hassle. When ur using a PVR, and you spend the time to program it, there is never any shortage of shows that i "WANT" to watch..i hear ya though, nothing worse then having 1000 channels and nothings on :) sometimes I have to force myself to sit and watch tv just so i can clean out the pvr lol

Z

Zakk

Blob-79 link said:
better yet, call and the first thing you say is \" im calling to cancel my accounts\" they will hand you off right away and bend over :p

I really just want to make a point by actually leaving, I don't want any of their 'deals'.  ;D

Quartapound

Zakk link said:
[quote author=Blob-79 link=topic=2001.msg15315#msg15315 date=1327603545]
better yet, call and the first thing you say is \" im calling to cancel my accounts\" they will hand you off right away and bend over :p

I really just want to make a point by actually leaving, I don't want any of their 'deals'.  ;D
[/quote]

hahaha, nice save Zakk, talk about a highjack lol

...... call teksavvy lol....give rogers as little of your money as humanly possible.... second that for bell. lol

Z

Zakk

Blob-79 link said:
[quote author=Zakk link=topic=2001.msg15336#msg15336 date=1327615470]
Oh, and as much as I hate Rogers, bell is far far far far far far far worse.  Probably the worst customer service of anyone I have ever dealt with in north america, and hell I've been through a government audit.  I would actually perfer to be audited again than to ever have to deal with bell for anything (this is for those saying go for a bell receiver).

This actually surprises me, I would say the same for rogers...i was with rogers before bell. Rogers slowely raised our bill everymonth, we would call every month...of course no explanation..eventually i just called and told them i was switching..then that is the only time i ever recieved any sort of "customer service" they were going to lower it less then what i originally was paying when i first joined.  I told them to shove it you know where.  Really In the end, both companies are stupid..they are both retarded companies to deal with. They reward newcomers and shit on loyal customers, for many years i just switched back and forth every year or so, just cause that was the only way to get a decent price.

If you go with anything else ( idk about tekksavvy, i dont even know what it is) like pirated american satalite, you never know if your going to be able to watch tv that night lol..i mean is it even up again?
[/quote]

If bell is a '10' on the frustration scale, rogers is a '9'.  What happened was I had to put up with BS from both rogers AND bell, and so I decided to switch all of my properties and my home over to rogers.  That's when the fireworks from bell started.  They even sent a truck out to try and install a bell box on my lawn on my last day of service.  If I hadn't been home, I would have had a disconnected bell phone AND a green box on my lawn.  The guy tried the "we have the right to install it" bullshit, but when I asked for a permit from the city, and a trespass allowance for stepping on my property to install it, he had to leave.  It's good to know when you do or don't have a bell easement on your property, I tell you.

So yes, both are bad, bell just turns it up a notch when you try to cancel a whole bunch of services at once, and you won't accept any kind of retention offer....

Z

Zakk

JUST got off the phone with rogers while I was reading/typing all this.  I tell you, if you go up far enough, and get just pissed off not to be vulgar or insulting, you can get a long way.

I have an instant cancellation order with rogers.  The DAY I bring my modem back, I'm done.  I'm on the phone with teksavvy and they don't know how to deal with it, since they ALWAYS have the 30+ day termination notice.  So I get teksavvy on Feb 3, I just have to remember to bring my modem back early in the morning, and hope that rogers doesn't screw with me.  Rogers HAS to release my service before teksavvy can take it over.  So if they decide to raise a stink when I return it (and claim that I don't have my 30 day termnation) I could be screwed, or at the worst stuck paying for 2 services for a while.

I actually thanked the 3rd tier guy for not jerking me around and just letting me go.  He doesn't know that I have so many other accounts or he really may have tried harder  ;D

Worst thing??  I have my old e-mail on allllll my business cards and alllllll my mailouts, contacts, etc.  Proving a point could be very costly.  I guess my business partner was right in that I should have been using a gmail account all this time.  :-[

Z

Zakk

Quartapound link said:
[quote author=Zakk link=topic=2001.msg15336#msg15336 date=1327615470]

Can't get teksavvy until you cancel rogers and wait 10 days  ???  Them's the rules. 

True, unless you go with their DSL.  but then your getting throttled because your on bells network again.... or you can use their mutli-link PPPoe encryption, and a specialized router which will "tunnel" you through bell's network so you arent throttled.

Teksavvy cable is FAAAST, cheap, and not throttled (even though its on rogers network)

....Highly reccommended
[/quote]

All cable, I've been watching what big cable and bell have been doing with the CRTC to crush competition for some time now.  I just recently found out they were offering cable internet at half the price I was paying, and twice the speed.  Why on earth wouldn't I change??

I'm still stuck with rogers for now for TV and phone.  I'd cancel both and go with a dish network if I didn't have little kids in the house. 

Status
Not open for further replies.