Toronto City Council Meeting/Mayor Scandal

reeffreak

Super Active Member
When did I compare pot to murder? Don't put words in my mouth.

An illegal substance. Check out the definition. I compared two illegal substances.

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
reeffreak link said:
Fair enough Darryl but don't judge one and leave out the other, not really fair is it. After all equality is important in our country.

I don't agree with what he's done, but we have better things to worry about then this, we can't kick him out of his position we all know now, so he most likely won't be voted in next year. Now it's turned into a circus that makes all us Canadians look like idiots.
I can make judgements of character based on actions.  To me smoking pot is pretty benign.  Crack is for scum, not for the mayor of the largest city in Canada.  Also consider the fact that he lied about it, lack of honesty.  And next look at his other public drunken stupors (just the ones caught on video).  And lastly other allegations of stupidity and I can easily come to the conclusion that this guy is an idiot.

As far as getting him out of the office, well I dont really care either way that much but it drives me crazy when people down play the level of idiot this guy is.

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
reeffreak link said:
When did I compare pot to murder? Don't put words in my mouth.

An illegal substance. Check out the definition. I compared two illegal substances.
You made an equivalency between pot and crack.  They are not equal, that is my point.

reeffreak

Super Active Member
I agree with you he's an idiot, no disagreement there. I just think to gone on way to long., for what point ? No downplay at all, crackheads scum, but what can we do about it, nothing.

that's what I was getting at. No charges can be laid, he's not the first politician that put themselves in this spot, lets move on to more important issues. like the Harper vote scandal

reeffreak

Super Active Member
There both illegal ! Sure one may be worse but that doesn't change the fact their illegal, neither does your opinion on  thinking that pot should be legal, I also agree with that, but doesn't change anything. In sure crackheads think crack should be legal too.

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
From what I've heard and read from legal council is that you can easily be charged and charges can stand based on the accused admitting to their crime. However, police have the power to decide whether or not to charge that said person. I came across this years ago when I was upset because I never got off any speeding charges....even got one for 15 over and I was doing around 95+ in an 80....and yet I heard of lots of people getting just a warning or having their speed decreased on the ticket so the charge is less. I learned that police officers have the right to decide whether or not to charge a person for the crime or offense they commit. Also, there is lots of evidence is not being released and the police are still investigating so charges could very well be coming..... IMO the Toronto police need to charge him..... This has gone worldwide now that the mayor of Toronto has admitted to purchasing and using illegal drugs and also driving under the influence.....how can authorities just sit back and act like its no big deal with the entire world watching.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AdamS

Who the hell is his PR guy?

PR Guy: "Ok, Rob. Admit that you used crack, but tell them that it was cause you were drunk yet again. Everyone will then just blame your drug problem on your alcohol problem. Also, did you offer to eat some girls pussy?"

Rob: "Do you think I would say that?"

PR Guy: "Actually yes, I figured you were moving from one crack to another. But no worries, just bring your personal sex life into it, tell them how much your wife gives it up and people will realize that you are a great guy and would never say that to a lady."

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
I actually would equate crack to pot.  By smoking one or the other, it is a statement of "the law doesn't apply to me.  Sure it's illegal, but it's not bad". 

Not a condemnation of either, just a statement that they are both illegal substances in the eyes of the law.  I can carry a pound of flour around downtown because it's legal, but I can't carry around a pound of pot or a pound of crack.  The last two will give me very similar jail sentences.  Pot just has a better PR guy  (chipmunks vs rats...one has better PR)  :)

Don't be a hater and shoot the messenger y'all  :)

reeffreak

Super Active Member
Salty Cracker link said:
I actually would equate crack to pot.  By smoking one or the other, it is a statement of \"the law doesn't apply to me.  Sure it's illegal, but it's not bad\". 

Not a condemnation of either, just a statement that they are both illegal substances in the eyes of the law.  I can carry a pound of flour around downtown because it's legal, but I can't carry around a pound of pot or a pound of crack.  The last two will give me very similar jail sentences.  Pot just has a better PR guy  (chipmunks vs rats...one has better PR)  :)

He said it better then me ...

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
AdamS link said:
Who the hell is his PR guy?

PR Guy: \"Ok, Rob. Admit that you used crack, but tell them that it was cause you were drunk yet again. Everyone will then just blame your drug problem on your alcohol problem. Also, did you offer to eat some girls pussy?\"

Rob: \"Do you think I would say that?\"

PR Guy: \"Actually yes, I figured you were moving from one crack to another. But no worries, just bring your personal sex life into it, tell them how much your wife gives it up and people will realize that you are a great guy and would never say that to a lady.\"
lol. That was great. 
reeffreak link said:
There both illegal ! Sure one may be worse but that doesn't change the fact their illegal, neither does your opinion on  thinking that pot should be legal, I also agree with that, but doesn't change anything. In sure crackheads think crack should be legal too.
i dont get why you keep saying they are both illegal. Of course they are both illegal, I'm not arguing that. I'm just saying they are not equal actions so how can you compare one to the other? I know, you will just say they are both illegal. So is murder and speeding.

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
Salty Cracker link said:
I actually would equate crack to pot.  By smoking one or the other, it is a statement of \"the law doesn't apply to me.  Sure it's illegal, but it's not bad\". 

there are huge differences. The level of physical addiction and affect on personal health are huge. If you think they are the same you have no real knowledge on these substances and there affect on people and society.

Is alcohol the same as pot and crack Glen. Alcohol is far more toxic than pot.

reeffreak

Super Active Member
Physical addiction of each drug doesn't mean squat. That doesn't change anything in the eyes of the law. There all drugs weather ones more toxic then the other, or more addictive or cheaper. If that was the case cigarettes would be illegal and alcohol would still be illegal,  pot would be legal.

Big_Als_London

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
reeffreak link said:
Show me where it says its better to get busted with weed cause its not as unhealthy as crack?
wasn't weed decriminalized in Ontario? whereas basically you get a slap on the wrist if you have less then 30 grams. I don't think that would happen if you had that much crack

reeffreak

Super Active Member
Big_Als_London link said:
[quote author=reeffreak link=topic=6838.msg68147#msg68147 date=1384469777]
Show me where it says its better to get busted with weed cause its not as unhealthy as crack?
wasn't weed decriminalized in Ontario? whereas basically you get a slap on the wrist if you have less then 30 grams. I don't think that would happen if you had that much crack
[/quote]

It WAS but they changed that again.

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
Salty Cracker link said:

This is old school logic..... And kind of stereotyping IMO.
You could apply your logic to anything that people do that is illegal. All Darryl is trying to say is that there are differences between different drugs and crimes.
Just because alcohol is legal to purchase and consume does not necessarily make it better than another drug that is illegal. There are many restrictions behind the use of alcohol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

reeffreak

Super Active Member
Marijuana is a prescription drug under the Controlled Substances Act. Possession of amounts under 30g (without a prescription) is offense punishable by summary conviction (up to 6 months in jail or a $1000 fine). This is federal law and apply throughout Canada.