Toronto City Council Meeting/Mayor Scandal

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
Big_Als_London link said:
[quote author=reeffreak link=topic=6838.msg68147#msg68147 date=1384469777]
Show me where it says its better to get busted with weed cause its not as unhealthy as crack?
wasn't weed decriminalized in Ontario? whereas basically you get a slap on the wrist if you have less then 30 grams. I don't think that would happen if you had that much crack
[/quote]

By decriminalizing a substance does not actually mean that any laws have been changed..... I would say that when they say it has been "decriminalized" simply means that it is not looked at as heavily by authorities.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

reeffreak

Super Active Member
If it was decriminilzwd, it would be treated like a speeding ticket, you pay a fine rather then being arrested and having a trial. And this is only specifically with a small possession. You could still be jailed for trafficking, growing

Big_Als_London

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
In Ontario, the range of sentencning for trafficking in small amounts of crack cocaine is 6 months to 2 years less a day.[11]

so you can see the penalty for crack cocaine is a little harsher then weed
reeffreak link said:
Marijuana is a prescription drug under the Controlled Substances Act. Possession of amounts under 30g (without a prescription) is offense punishable by summary conviction (up to 6 months in jail or a $1000 fine). This is federal law and apply throughout Canada.

Big_Als_London

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Canadian_Criminal_Law/Offences/Drug_Offences/Print_version#Schedule_I:_Heroin.2C_Cocaine.2C_etc. everything you need to know is there

reeffreak

Super Active Member
Darryl_V link said:
Sure. Now look up sentencing for crack. Does the law think they are equal offences?

That all depends.. Is it your first offence? If so your probably not getting the full 2 year less a day deal, most likely 6 months with a probation period. Don't forget Fords a user not a dealer. Amounts of substance will also be taking into consideration.  And if you get caught with either or you still end up in a federal correction centre.

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
reeffreak link said:
[quote author=Darryl_V link=topic=6838.msg68156#msg68156 date=1384471676]
Sure. Now look up sentencing for crack. Does the law think they are equal offences?

That all depends.. Is it your first offence? If so your probably not getting the full 2 year less a day deal, most likely 6 months with a probation period. Don't forget Fords a user not a dealer. Amounts of substance will also be taking into consideration.  And if you get caught with either or you still end up in a federal correction centre.
[/quote]thats a negative plan and simple.

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
The law gives stiffer penalties on crack offenses plan and simple.

Im starting to wonder why im bothering here.  I would say im in the vast majority that considers crack use worse than pot use. 

Not only that but Ford got his free pass on pot use.  He publically admitted it after trudaeu came out.  No one cared.  Also why would he admit to pot use with out even being provoked but deny crack use after people witness him on tape doing it?  It wouldnt be because he thinks one is worse than the other is it?

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
For any crime 2 years less a day I believe you go to a provincial detention center.... Any crime that carries a larger sentence is a federal prison.....I could be wrong tho....

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
Darryl_V link said:
The law gives stiffer penalties on crack offenses plan and simple.

Im starting to wonder why im bothering here.  I would say im in the vast majority that considers crack use worse than pot use. 

Not only that but Ford got his free pass on pot use.  He publically admitted it after trudaeu came out.  No one cared.  Also why would he admit to pot use with out even being provoked but deny crack use after people witness him on tape doing it?  It wouldnt be because he thinks one is worse than the other is it?

One is worse than the other, in the eyes of the public, authorities, and health ontario.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Reef Hero link said:
For any crime 2 years less a day I believe you go to a provincial detention center.... Any crime that carries a larger sentence is a federal prison.....I could be wrong tho....
Yeah that's about right... you go to EMDC or equivalent until sentencing and then go to the country club of choice depending on length and type of sentence.  Just pray you survive the stay at EMDC.

I don't think I'd be happy if I caught my kids smoking crack, pot or anything miley cyrus wore last week.  So they're all equal to me.

reeffreak

Super Active Member
Either way he won't get the max penalty in my opinion, because he's who he is.. Nobody asked you to debate. Don't bother. I'm not offended by anything, was just a discussion, probably would have went smoother in person.

Reef hero your correct on the provincial, my mistake.

The only point I was originally wanting to make is its turned into a circus for something that happens to your everyday crack heads who gets busted. Made all Canadians look really bad.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
:popcorn:

Despite all his self issues Ford is the best fiscal mayor Toronto has had in a long time.

Our good buddy Dalton Maginty looked like a class citizen , but put our province in millions and millions, (if not billions ) of dollars in debt.

Whose the better politician ? One who looks like and idiot but actually does his job, or one that looks perfect and does fuck all... ... 

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
Salty Cracker link said:
[quote author=Reef Hero link=topic=6838.msg68168#msg68168 date=1384473386]
Yeah that's about right... you go to EMDC or equivalent until sentencing and then go to the country club of choice depending on length and type of sentence.  Just pray you survive the stay at EMDC.

I don't think I'd be happy if I caught my kids smoking crack, pot or anything miley cyrus wore last week.  So they're all equal to me.
[/quote]

Don't be too hard on them glen if they did dabble into the weed.....pot won't change who they are and where they come from.
Crack on the other hand...call the cops on them! :)

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
Poseidon link said:
:popcorn:

Despite all his self issues Ford is the best fiscal mayor Toronto has had in a long time.

Our good buddy Dalton Maginty looked like a class citizen , but put our province in millions and millions, (if not billions ) of dollars in debt.

Whose the better politician ? One who looks like and idiot but actually does his job, or one that looks perfect and does frick all... ...

I agree 100% but tell that to Ross Rebagliati .... I know he got his medal back but he had to fight for it and only had it returned because THC was not listed as a banned substance. Ever since then it has been listed and would not allow any of the top athletes in the world to win a medal or even place in the standings if found to be consuming most drugs including THC and crack cocaine.....just isn't accepted of some people by the public....