Torx's 120 Gallon Peninsula Tank Part2

Rick Hickman

Mine barely rippled and it was perfect. There is no need to agitate the surface as that is what the overflow does. Agitating the surface is for proper gas exchange which is a closed fresh water system issue.

I kept my powerheads on the overflow end. I did not want to clutter up the other end with equiptment. Nice clean look.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
Oh, so the overflow on your tank, with minimal surface agitation was enough? I'd prefer to keep the powerhead on the side where I have the overflow box. I'm pansy-ing out and doing internal not external box lol that may change one day soon but I have to start somewhere. It's a freshwater African cichlid tank, heavily stocked.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Teardown well under way. Slightly delayed as 2 of the 3 bulkheads in the 60 frag tank were leaking.

Fragging and dipping everything from my DT before moving to the frag tank
6a3b74052637f76d3d559f8a1effe06b.jpg
069e749528e05ff53e48ce1224fc0a11.jpg

MrHermit85

I have a few ideas but nothing solidified yet. Going to be at least a month or 2 before setting up a new one. Going to work on the rooms renos while the tank is down.

Sounds good, looking forward to seeing your next build. I am in the same boat. I need to finish my fish room Reno’s before starting again it is really hard not having a tank but can’t find the time to finish Reno’s

Winks

Website Affiliate
I'm excited to see what the build will be. I'm excited and it's not even my build LOL