Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

reeffreak

Why?

+1 Darryl , the thread I was referring to on my previous post about the pervert comment was completely taking off the forum for some reason ...

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Re: Why?

reeffreak link said:
Ya but who you guys are missing is you closed that thread another gets started ... What's the point leave it open, nasty or not we are all grown men and women here...  I sure hope we can handle a few remarks without having a temper tantrums and askin mods to close threads

I was a non tantrum bystander  ;D

It's true that other threads may be started, but often times a little break in the action lets people sit back and cool off a bit.  Hey it's all fair game today I figure, just let me know when to pop up the popcorn.

However, do let me stress that this is a hobby website.  Doing anything to affect a person's means to support themselves, be it a person or a business, is not cool.  Most of us know what and who is involved, and it's unfortunate, but the stories keep growing, which is the reason I thought a break might be good (and to be honest I thought just maybe it would die down).  I wish people would remember karmic law: What you do to someone else will come back upon you tenfold. 

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin

reeffreak link said:
+1 Darryl , the thread I was referring to on my previous post about the pervert comment was completely taking off the forum for some reason ...

I didn't see this one, kind of glad I missed it :)

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca

Salty Cracker link said:
[quote author=reeffreak link=topic=3466.msg29443#msg29443 date=1352131152]

I didn't see this one, kind of glad I missed it :)
[/quote]

That is okay, I missed it to...and I was watching the thread. I only heard about the comment that was deleted, although I was the only staff on and the log shows no posts being removed/edited/deleted by anyone around that time. Really odd actually. But I deal with that in PM as it is not something to discuss in forums.

dale

i didnt see anyone being an ass.., but if someone is an ass i would rather see that and label them an ass and deal with them accordingly and if they continue to be that way then weed them out completely, i think we as a sub society can do that on our own.,, maybe personal disputes could be asked to be done in private., but open forum is open forum., ,.., i could see some intervention if there was a mob mentality goin on,.,., but inappropriate personal attacks..... leave it posted, like a big scarlet letter on the one who posted it.

R

reeffreak

Why?

So am I being called a lair ? It was Definetly posted I the forum and now it's gone so someone is playin a whole different game

R

reeffreak

Why?

By the way there was more then one thread that was locked and things deleted fom yesterday.... 

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
I did not point a finger, name call or mentioning anyone particular. My post was specifically to prove a point on how what seems to be an informational post can be suggested and taken offense by someone or multiple people. Which is why on a daily basis, threads are moderated, however for some reason this one comment/topic continues. This is not the first time that forums have been edited to remove content and we have edited both stores and users in the past. (insert dead horse gif again)

I am also aware of all the updates/edits/deleted threads as they are all logged. However out of all of them, that is the one that I can not find. Maybe the government and the man is monitoring and hacking the site lol. Or maybe it was Salty, he is sneaky like that.  :p

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
I can ssay that the moderation log I can see has any action taken by a moderator logged.  Now I cant tell ya if it logs someone making edits to their own posts or deleting their own posts.

I dont see the specific post either reeffreak.  But I am a global moderator and not a full admin.  :'( maybe someday.

Editted this post just to check

R

reeffreak

Why?

Ok so the member can delete the post and you guys can't see that

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
I am not sure, but from my position it seems that way.  Their level of informatin may be a step better.

R

reeffreak

Why?

Might as well get rid of the vendor section if they pick and choose what stay and what goes that's not fair . we all look like the assholes mean while they can delete all the shit that fell our of their mouth onto the floor and sweep it under the carpet like it was never there , just to cover their ass and look professional .. Give me a break

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
Well there is plenty of stuff here for us to think about.  Any other points to be made in regards to this. 

R

reeffreak

Why?

In sure people who are at work for the day might have something's to add so don't close it up just yet ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.