Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Why?

reeffreak link said:
In sure people who are at work for the day might have something's to add so don't close it up just yet ;)

+1 if it is locked and deleted then no one will know what's going on. I wonder why half the people missed what was said yesterday...? Only reason it should have been removed is if it went off topic(which it never did). Nothing was every wrongfully said to anyone except until the vendor decided to reply. The competition thread once again wasn't hurting anyone, facts were told and people were already in a nutshell calling some vendors "dirty". It only ever went off topic when the kijiji ad was posted.

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
K  i will delete from existence and everyone will go back to being happy tonight at midnight.. liek ti never happened..... ;) ;D  ?Dead Horse?

R

reeffreak

Why?

To the people who haven't experienced this sure it's a dead horse but to the people who have dealt with it it's not a dead horse, if you don't want to read it or be a part of it then don't. I'm still expecting someone to come on here and explain themselves but I doubt that will happen now it's under the eye of every members

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
The danger here, I shall remind people, that without concrete, absolute proof on any allegation of wrongdoing, what you might say could definitely be considered slander.  I don't think it's beyond reason to think that some of the people affected may be inclined to seek legal advice on that very issue, and I sure don't want to see anyone here served with papers.  So sometimes it's best to let sleeping dogs lie....oh hold on there's someone at the door....

davesolo29

Super Active Member
I personally think that if a member has a problem with another member or a store they should speak directly to that person.  We are not on the schoolground airing for all to see.
I come here for useful information, not petty arguments.
If you dont have the balls to say something directly to the person.... then dont say it at all.

R

reeffreak

Why?

chuckm link said:
\"Why?\" .....the title of this thread....
Don't ask questions you don't want to hear the answers to.... :-X

... ???

shipwreck

davesolo29 link said:
I personally think that if a member has a problem with another member or a store they should speak directly to that person.  We are not on the schoolground airing for all to see.
I come here for useful information, not petty arguments.
If you dont have the balls to say something directly to the person.... then dont say it a

I agree issues should be dealt with privately initially. However sometimes people will only respond or step up when they realize it is public.  On the other hand we post our good experiences with peoe or stores to hel each other and negative experiences are just as helpfull. Both go hand in hand to create a real representation of a store or person. It is for the reader to review all the good and bad and decide their own opinion.

R

reeffreak

Why?

Thanks shipwreck I didn't think anyone was going to get to that point. Some people may not like the this thread was posted but it wasn't posted for me to get my rocks off , it was posted for the members do they have a idea that these issues can potentially affect them as well. It's for members to read and just acknowledge the fact some people are snakes and to be aware of it not to come on here And cry about seeing arguments on the board, for the amount of post I've seen about people saying take it somewhere else it's just as easy for them to not even read the thread. Don't like it don't read it or comment on it

davesolo29

Super Active Member
Re: Why?

reeffreak link said:
for the amount of post I've seen about people saying take it somewhere else it's just as easy for them to not even read the thread. Don't like it don't read it or comment on it
Hmmm... hardly makes any sense.

First off,  dont take any offense because this is directed at no one in particular..
Its kind of hard to decide it you like something or not if you have not read it.  So,, its not so easy to "not even read the thread".
Also.. if you want to fight for the right to post things like this,, dont try to take away my right to object to it.

as far as needing it to be pointed out that some people are "snakes",  throughout life, im pretty sure people can figure these things on their own.
I still dont know what the cause of this whole outbreak is, but, Just because one person has a bad experience does not mean that everyone has or will.

R

reeffreak

Why?

I'm sorry that doesn't make sense to you .... it's pretty self explanatory but I will break it down to make sense of it all ... After reading my first post on this thread it should  have been well known what the topic was about and if you don't want to see it on the site because it holds no valuable information for you then why comment on it and keep commenting on it.

I would rather let my fellow hobbyist know they have the chance of being ripped of before they get ripped off rather then keep my mouth shut and let them get walked all over ?? Does that not make sense ?

For example ... Someone walks into a store and buys a chocolate chip star fish and some zoas from a well known store who supposed to be knowledgeable in reefing. Little does the purchaser know that chocolate chip stars are not reef safe an will eat all the zoas they bought. But it's weird the store would sell the. Both of those items knowing they can not coincide just to make a buck ?

Now if someone who had a bad experience before told this person about there experience then they could have saved someone some $$$ and time.

But according to some members here letting them lose there shirt is ok. I'm not that person if I can save someone the hassle of getting the wrong info or getting jacked by a snake then I will. But apparently it's the wrong thing to do keeping my mouth closed and letting people get ripped off and  figure it out themselves is a way better option.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
I actually almost bought chocolate chip stars at big Als  a little while back... I thought they were sand sifting stars, and the guy working said "you got coral?  those things will plow right through them".  It was the guy that looks like joey lawrence.

For some reason I thought they were reef safe. 

Sort of off track, sorry :) 

Big_Als_London

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Salty Cracker link said:
I actually almost bought chocolate chip stars at big Als  a little while back... I thought they were sand sifting stars, and the guy working said \"you got coral?  those things will plow right through them\".  It was the guy that looks like joey lawrence.

Omg I never even thought of calling him that. I lost my chance though. Last Saturday was his last day.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Big_Als_London link said:
[quote author=Salty Cracker link=topic=3466.msg29689#msg29689 date=1352327835]
I actually almost bought chocolate chip stars at big Als  a little while back... I thought they were sand sifting stars, and the guy working said \"you got coral?  those things will plow right through them\".  It was the guy that looks like joey lawrence.

Omg I never even thought of calling him that. I lost my chance though. Last Saturday was his last day.
[/quote]

No more Joey?  Oh man, talk about jumping the shark.  (there's like two puns in there...too bad you don't have a shark tank anymore) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.