Wp apex harness help

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Is this right so far? Yellow is +0-10 volt output, blue is ground, brown is +24 volt dc.
tytyne7y.jpg

4yze7u2y.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
pulpfiction1 link said:
ut oh        torx is loosin patience

lol

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk HD

Ya, a little lol. Someone PMed me with advice a while ago...I should have saved that PM to desktop cuz I deleted it *facepalm*

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
If you have spare pairs on what looks like a cat 5 cable, double up the pairs / use minimum full pair for + and another full pair for the negative. Would only worry about it on 24vdc cable.

Pistol

Super Active Member
Donor
Torx link said:
Lets try this again...top wire is brown +24 volt dc, then blue ground and bottom is yellow +0-10 volt output.

5u9upyje.jpg

Are you using the blue/white, green pair (terms 1 and 2) on the cat cable in the photo? if so it looks like you have the polarity reversed,

Pistol

Super Active Member
Donor
unibob link said:
If you have spare pairs on what looks like a cat 5 cable, double up the pairs / use minimum full pair for + and another full pair for the negative. Would only worry about it on 24vdc cable.
doubling up is not nec or useful as the controller is only connected to each wire individually

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Pistol link said:
[quote author=Torx link=topic=7223.msg74088#msg74088 date=1387563343]
Lets try this again...top wire is brown +24 volt dc, then blue ground and bottom is yellow +0-10 volt output.

5u9upyje.jpg

Are you using the blue/white, green pair (terms 1 and 2) on the cat cable in the photo? if so it looks like you have the polarity reversed,
[/quote]

Which Pins in the cat cable should they be connected to, I thought it was 3 to ground and 4 0-10v if the cat clip is down and contact facing up.

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
That looks correct, did u use a meter and see if your getting 10v out of the apex?

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Duke link said:
That looks correct, did u use a meter and see if your getting 10v out of the apex?

Truthfully, I only have used one for Ma to set up a LED driver and continuity. No idea how to test voltage, but I am sure I can find it. First though, I am on the phone (hold) with ISP right now to set up a static IP, I have had 4 IP's this morning so far >:D

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
On your apex cable just touch black to ground and red to positive, go into your apex and make sure the vdm port is actually giving a signal to turn the Powerhead on

Pistol

Super Active Member
Donor
Torx link said:
[quote author=Pistol link=topic=7223.msg74188#msg74188 date=1387638496]
[quote author=Torx link=topic=7223.msg74088#msg74088 date=1387563343]

5u9upyje.jpg

[/quote]

Which Pins in the cat cable should they be connected to, I thought it was 3 to ground and 4 0-10v if the cat clip is down and contact facing up.

[/quote]yes 3 and 4, green to ground, but it looks like you have the blue/white to ground

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Ya, it was an old cable and colors were messed. I tested with a meter to be sure they were the correct pins. But just found that the wire was broke. I just cut a new one and pins are green and green/white, using 1/2 or 7/8 depending what way you are looking at it. I will hook it up when i get my hand back from a phone call.

Pistol

Super Active Member
Donor
Torx link said:
[quote author=Duke link=topic=7223.msg74200#msg74200 date=1387642701]

Truthfully, I only have used one for Ma to set up a LED driver and continuity. No idea how to test voltage, but I am sure I can find it. First though, I am on the phone (hold) with ISP right now to set up a static IP, I have had 4 IP's this morning so far >:D
[/quote]What router do u have, some have free DDNS support.
When you connect a multimeter to the circuit with volts selected if the polarity is reversed a neg symbol will be displayed on the meter indicating that the pos lead is touching a neg terminal.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
This is going to sound stupid maybe, but the DC wire, the one is black with white stripes is the positive and leads to the inside pin and the outer sleeve is negative right?

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Yup...it is, just tested it out. The harness is put together correctly from what I can see, but still nothing out of the pump. Turned all 4 of the VarSpd1 to 100% and nothing.