Wp apex harness help

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
K, with a 1/8w 10k resistor, I am getting 24v in and 10v out of the apex, then 5v after the resistor. But still no spinning.

Is it possible to use a jumper across the 2 cat pins to close that loop and see if the pump runs without the Apex in the loop?

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
2db304j.jpg

Pistol

Super Active Member
Donor
Torx link said:
K, with a 1/8w 10k resistor, I am getting 24v in and 10v out of the apex, then 5v after the resistor. But still no spinning.

Is it possible to use a jumper across the 2 cat pins to close that loop and see if the pump runs without the Apex in the loop?
picture looks correct but something not making sense, pump should be running full at 5v, r u certain you have the 24v polarity correct to the pump?

Pistol

Super Active Member
Donor
connect voltmeter red lead to the brown wire and the black lead to the blue wire and take a picture of the meter display

Pistol

Super Active Member
Donor
pump should be running full, I would have to say something wrong with pump, is propeller jambed?

Pistol

Super Active Member
Donor
Torx link said:
Oh fuck my life....the pick I used was the pump side... i need to reverse the top two for my harness.
the voltmeter is indicating correct polarity, if you reverse the voltmeter leads a neg(-) symbol should appear in the display

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
No, saving the controller just in case or for resale...needless to say, that worked. I have looked at that pic 50 times and never clued in at the "pump side" note. Now time to clean up the work and close it up and get some code to make it pulse.

Pistol

Super Active Member
Donor
Torx link said:
So while at 100% on the VarSpd1_I1...I am getting the same 4.2-4.8volts as when I drop it to 0%, shouldn't that lower and/or pump shut off?
Are you dropping it with the slider?

Pistol

Super Active Member
Donor
Try the program I sent you and you should see a variance @ every 10 seconds, I haven't tried the slider and my slider always shows 30 for my pumps, the slider works for my lights I think.

Pistol

Super Active Member
Donor
My slider works, when you changed the polarity of the pump did you change just the pump or did you change the power supply?

Boga

If you still have the issue with resistor wattage, and you don't find resistors, I think you can connect bigger value resistors in parallel.
Examples:
2 resistors of 4.7 kohms in parallel would give you a total value of 2.35 kohms, but the overall wattage will be double.
2 resistors of 2 kohms in parallel would give you a total value of 1 kohms, the same double wattage

Possibly that the pump has an internal load (resistor), which has to be taken in account. Maybe is worth to measure the pump resistance between GND and PWM in, and see if there is a resistance.

Then there is a nice app called ElectroDroid, free, where you can calculate the perfect voltage divider (resistor ratio)

Good luck

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
I do not think that it is a resistor issue, it should be okay unless the pass through wattage is an issue. With that right up, it may be interesting to try 2x 4.7 in parallel just to say I did try it.

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
Boga is right ..... although I cant say that is the issue.... but the theory is correct.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Neopimp link said:
Boga is right ..... although I cant say that is the issue.... but the theory is correct.

Yup, tried it and the readings were right, variable ports are still not working though. The LED on the port is flashing accordingly, but when at 0% or Off, the pump still runs and there is still voltage through the harness. There is no drop in the 0-10v (0-5v after the resistors) line. I have been PM'ing trying to get it fixed, the but hit a road block I think. I wish I had something stock that I could test the ports with to be 100% they are working, I am assuming that they are and seem to be working properly per the LED status'

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
The controller is an Apex, I am trying to hook up a WP25 to the Apex. Just tested my variable ports on the Apex and I may have an issue there, not with my harness, they are all reading at 14v even when selected to be off.