Wp apex harness help

Boga

Torx link said:
The controller is an Apex, I am trying to hook up a WP25 to the Apex. Just tested my variable ports on the Apex and I may have an issue there, not with my harness, they are all reading at 14v even when selected to be off.
I hope you have tested without the power supply from the pump connected. It would be just a coincidence 24V-10V=14V

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Boga link said:
[quote author=Torx link=topic=7223.msg74358#msg74358 date=1387748092]
The controller is an Apex, I am trying to hook up a WP25 to the Apex. Just tested my variable ports on the Apex and I may have an issue there, not with my harness, they are all reading at 14v even when selected to be off.
I hope you have tested without the power supply from the pump connected. It would be just a coincidence 24V-10V=14V
[/quote]

LoL nope. Straight from the Apex itself. Even with the ports set to off, I am getting 14v out them.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk

davesolo29

Super Active Member
This is all good to know.  One day i will find out more things that my apex is capable of doing and play around with it.  For now im just happy with the basics.
I wish these wp40s were around before i bought my mp40s.  big $$$ difference.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
davesolo29 link said:
This is all good to know.  One day i will find out more things that my apex is capable of doing and play around with it.  For now im just happy with the basics.
I wish these wp40s were around before i bought my mp40s.  big $$$ difference.

Theres a module for ecotech, so it would be much simplier. Im surprised Jeabo hasn't came out with a premade harness yet...or have they?

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Nothing official...the last time I was in talks with Jebao, they were still in design phases. I think it is more that Apex is stopping it and not allowing the use of their name. The harness is simple enough to manufacture.

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
Take your cord from the apex.  Cut and strip all the wires. 

Turn the outlets on and set up a ramping profile over 10
Secs, or an on off every second.

Set to continuity or beep test.  Find the ground wire.  Switch to voltage and check every other wire for pulsing or ramping voltage between it and ground

If none of the wires have that then there is a problem.

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
And don't let the bare wires touch each other. cause that can put the apex into safety mode temporarily.

Or an overload state whatever

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Ya, did that with my volt meter and was getting a constant 14v even with the outlets set to off. I read that it should be 10, never more then 10 or there is an issue. I emailed support. 

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Yup, and the new firmware upgrade to 4.31 and yes, I did the firmware upgrade per the instructions even.

Sorry, it is 15.5v, not 14v like I previously wrote. I think I have a wonky one, I just hope that when they send a replacement first with the return label for the old one instead of me sending this one away first.

Boga

Torx link said:
Sorry, it is 15.5v, not 14v like I previously wrote. 
Still suspect 24-10+1.5(the battery of the meter)=15.5V  :)

Torx link said:
I just hope that when they send a replacement first with the return label for the old one instead of me sending this one away first.

I hope they do that. Sometime they ask you for a deposit (credit card) until they get the defective back.

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
Check all the wires.... Don't rely on what someone else says in the correct colours or numbers.  I know forms fact that my apex outputs what looks like 15-16 v between certain wires.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
I am going off the pins per Apex themselves.  I plugged in just the cat5 cable into the outlet with nothing else, then tested those wires for all 4 ports pins as per Apex and the Apex harness. They should at least dim down and they are not.

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
I will post what I have tomorrow on my pins. 

I never trust people and their pins outs:) some people read or draw th wrong if they are looking at the male or female plug. 

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
The MRA was sent to me today as it appears I have tested the correct pins. They even advised me per the Cat5 cable that I had as the wire colors are different for 568B or 568A. I will get it out on the 27th. The mail here will not move until then anyways.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Head unit returned and repaired. Trough together a quick harness with 2.7kOhm resistors and ... well ... all is working. Doesn't look too bad for my first one. Controls 1 WP25 and 1WP40 from the VSP in my head unit on the apex.

Special thanks to Pistol for all his help troubleshooting earlier.

[img=1400x1050]http://i42.tinypic.com/2q0nfav.jpg[/img]

[img=1400x1050]http://i39.tinypic.com/10dz38m.jpg[/img]