Darryl_V's 200G SPS reef......

Thmh

Website Affiliate
spyd link said:
He is also very helpful at draining my wallet.  ;D i don't mind though. It is all ways well worth it!!

psh word on the street is darryl will get one of these bad boys https://squareup.com/ ......draining is an understatement !:D

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Wow just saw Patricks tank on AP, he most definitely needs to post here!

I think Darryl needs to take and post some pics too when he has time, every time I see you have posted in this thread, I can only hope it is with updated pictures.

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
The perfect storm....

Miami Hurricane
P1016749.jpg

Also my first success at growing a colony of chalice from a frag.

spyd

Super Active Member
That chalice is SWEEEEEET!!!!!  8) Mine has finally took a turn for the better after I scraped off all the exoskeleton from the receeded areas. I have noticed some growth now. Nothing compared to your colony though!

Salty, he uses travertine tiles that he cuts into circles. It works great for a lot of different corals.

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
rowdy29can link said:
Awesome! Well done! Congrats! You got talent in growing frags Darryl. Now just grow that kryptonite torch and put me on the list for a head of that beauty! :)
Thanks.....  I will give that torch a pep talk but it doesnt seem to be a crazy fast grower that is for sure.  I do happen to know someone with a bigger colony though...cough dwayne cough...

so how do you get it to form a perfect circle?  That looks awesome.
Start with a frag and grow it on a round frag disk.  People in the US seem to do this quite often (they are much better at aquaculturing of chalice).  It's not a very natural look but I love it....

spyd link said:
That chalice is SWEEEEEET!!!!!  8) Mine has finally took a turn for the better after I scraped off all the exoskeleton from the receeded areas. I have noticed some growth now. Nothing compared to your colony though!

Salty, he uses travertine tiles that he cuts into circles. It works great for a lot of different corals.
That is great to hear Derek.  You got a steal if that thing turns around.  You will love it.!

Hayes

First off how did you do multi quote, I feel stupid now as I made 25 new posts last week responding to people :(
Second it makes me sad that my torch is the most asked about coral I own
Third that chalice is awesome ! Mine is a POS compared to that

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
A couple of up and comers......feels like I've had these frags for ever though (they started real small at least 1.5yrs ago)

P1016846_zps961e318a.jpg

P1016838_zps89807e98.jpg

Also a couple randoms
P1016843_zpsa596173e.jpg

P1016837_zpsa011c647.jpg

BIGSHOW

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Website
www.bigshowfrags.com
I like the first one, its awesome!

What type of coral is the third? I got a few of those in my last Aussie shipment and haven't really tried to identify them.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Did you do any shopping for your tank at Christmas Darryl? Any eye candy you purchased for your tank?