Reefers 135g Sps Dominated Reef.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Now is flex line needed for over the side returns or can u use pvc with those nozzles u use for drilled returns?? Make it look half decent at least?

I have always gone over the top with PVC. I make the part that goes over the edge so it just sits there, almost like it's hooked over tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

reeferkeeper420

Distinguished Member
Awesome! Hopefully i can get this puppy up and running before christmas.. so i can stock it with new coral and fish, with my christmas money lol. Realistically all i need to do is get the plumbing all hooked up and buy the light get suspended above and fill er up..and decide whether to use live or dry rock... if im running a fuge with enough algae should that keep the nutrients that are being leached out under control??

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Another option would be to mount a vertex mocean or similar over edge of tank and have return tied into it . I'll find a video for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

reeferkeeper420

Distinguished Member
Also is this normal for an overflow? Or is there something normally covering the hole? Can you guys tell by looking at this whether or not its gonna be a loud overflow and if theres a way to quiet it down?

reeferkeeper420

Distinguished Member
Also is foam necessary under the tank?? This one has trim. And do u think 60"8bulb ati will be overkill or would i just have the 2 outside ones turn off when the other 6 come on??

reeferkeeper420

Distinguished Member
Its only a 5'light so it will be a half foot shorter on eachside, but no biggie, ill.try chalice or something off to the sides. Cant wait to get this rockin. Just gotta figure out my plumbing get my return hooked up and fill er up!!