Reefer's 75g reef.

vdubz

Try using the Aviary app that Jerry and Brandon were talking about the other day for truing up the colours. The colours fix button filters a lot of the blues out and brings the other colours to a higher brightness...

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
vdubz link said:
Try using the Aviary app that Jerry and Brandon were talking about the other day for truing up the colours. The colours fix button filters a lot of the blues out and brings the other colours to a higher brightness...

Didn't help me much at all... But then again maybe I'm not using it right...

reeferkeeper420

Distinguished Member
Did some tests today, and find alot of my levels have dropped. ALK-7.0 dKH Mag- 1290-1320 Ca- 400, when ALK was normally 8.2, Mag 1350-1380 and Ca 420. Only thing ive changed is Salt, i was using H20 throughout all my test records, and had to recently go back to IO Reef Crystals, and im a cpl days late on a water change, would any of this make my levels drop like this, or is it time to look into a Doser?

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
Hey Riley,
The only way to know if the salt  change would cause it is by testing the parameters of your nsw mix. Also, by altering your wc schedule, I would say this will also alter your readings....
It's important to keep a consistent routine and consistently use the same products, change media consistently, etc....
Your levels are not terrible but it's never good when they bounce around like that..... I always find that a lot of softies can handle it but acros and even some millis will be a good inductor that something is up cuz they lose pe and can start to have tissue necrosis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

reeferkeeper420

Distinguished Member
Thanks ben, and yeah i dont notice any ill effects, but i used to test once a week, but after i slowly got things under control i stopped so its been about a month since my last test log, but thought i would today, guess ill have to keep an eye on i for the next cpl days

reeferkeeper420

Distinguished Member
Can someone tell me what this is growing out between my zoas and on the plug?? I cant pull it off either. Sorry for the cr@ppy pic.

Thought i was going to lose these the other day, they were kinda closing up on me, so i dropped em to the bottom of the tank, after installing that 6×54 ATI fixture i think i was blasting them with a little to much light lol looking better now thankfully.

Finally polyps are coming back on my sps!! Not fully but were definately getting there!

Finally found an ID on these, True Chuckies Bride or Pink Hippos i dont know anymore, a nice addition to any zoa lovers tank i think. :)

Jewel

H20 is great Salt, High in all additives, but it's pricey, IMO Reef Crystals by IO would be a good salt to use, I'm surprised you haven't started Dosing already. You don't need a Doser to Dose. You could manually Dose.