reeffreaks 75 SPS Dominant build

Big_Als_London

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
reeffreak link said:
Well I picked up a mate for the Picasso yesterday but unfortunately he didn't stay alive long enough for a picture. I have not a clue what happened, placed in the same home as the previous 3 and there all alive and eating great but this guy didn't take from the second he was acclimated. Man I'm bummed out, he was my birthday present also. How to I break this to the fiancé ..
it certainty does suck and we will work it out.

R

reeffreak

Now that the tank has cycled and I added the pair of black ice it is now time to think about what other fish I may add in the future. I am definetly looking at some schooling types of fish, chromis are out of the question  I went that route before and added 5, I ended up with 1 and he killed the rest of them.

I was thinking a male dispar anthias and a few females but beside that I have not a clue what else I may add , Ive been into clownfish so much the last bit I havent really thought of any other types to bring home and I havent had a tank this size to stock in awhile either so that doesnt help. Any suggestions ? Maybe some things will pop up that I have not considered. 

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
those black and white striped fellas work in schools don't they?  And I think yellow tangs can be either in schools or individuals.  I do agree about chromis, always the same thing "there can be only one!!"

R

reeffreak

Bangaii cardinal salty ? There pretty cool not sure how many can be kept together .

BIGSHOW

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Website
www.bigshowfrags.com
I would look at...
Red Cardinals (these are a bit smaller then the other Cardinals and they do school), and for Anthias maybe the Lyretails?...seem to be easier then Dispar's or Bartletts...IME

R

reeffreak

Decisions decisions , those red cardinals are pretty cool looking . I just did a bit of reading and most " schooling" or schoaling fish do t really stay together in a reef tank setting I may just looking into 2 anthias one of the 2 you mentioned big show

Big_Als_London

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
The Bicolour Anthias are nice too. We just got some in last night. I am not sure if you saw the lyretail ones last time you were at the store but we had some nice males.  I usually just get the females as the dominant one usually changes sex.  I should have some females again near the end of this month.

R

reeffreak

I think I remember taking a glance at them but not positive it was them , I was in excited about the clowns, do you still have the males in Aaron ?

R

reeffreak

Do you have pictures of the bicolor you have in and do you have  have both male and female bicolors ? I guess the bicolors are suited for smaller tanks and the others are best suited for 125 and up.

Big_Als_London

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
IMG_20121101_192746.jpg

R

reeffreak

If there still there when I come down down for the clown I will check them out for sure, what's the pricing on them ?

R

reeffreak

I replaced all the bulbs in my ati fixture today ... Well almost all the bulbs, I ran into a little issue when I was replacing them apparently 2 of the bulbs out of the 8 I bought don't work I moved them into every single socket in the fixture and in each spot that pair wouldn't work.

At first I thought it was the fixture but then I grabbed 2 of the old bulbs and put them in plugged in the fixture and wala I had all 8 lights working, so again I took out the 2 old bulbs put the 2 new ones in and again plugged it in again and nothing. So I have 6 new. Ulna that work and 2 that don't. Has anyone ever bought new bulbs and they don't even work?

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
reeffreak link said:
I replaced all the bulbs in my ati fixture today ... Well almost all the bulbs, I ran into a little issue when I was replacing them apparently 2 of the bulbs out of the 8 I bought don't work I moved them into every single socket in the fixture and in each spot that pair wouldn't work.

At first I thought it was the fixture but then I grabbed 2 of the old bulbs and put them in plugged in the fixture and wala I had all 8 lights working, so again I took out the 2 old bulbs put the 2 new ones in and again plugged it in again and nothing. So I have 6 new. Ulna that work and 2 that don't. Has anyone ever bought new bulbs and they don't even work?

I bought 16 PCs once from china on ebay, 4 didn't work, 1 was crushed, the rest had terrible colour compared to coralife fixtures, so I never bought from china again.  Then I switched to LED and never looked back (look at me beating that dead horse) ;)

R

reeffreak

these are ati bulbs i really dont get why they wouldnt work ... they wont even attempt to fire , you know you can see a little orange flash within the bulb and these 3 dont even try and fire, kinda pissed now I have a crappy old yellow looking bulb and an old fiji purple that do not look good at all lol

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
reeffreak link said:
these are ati bulbs i really dont get why they wouldnt work ... they wont even attempt to fire , you know you can see a little orange flash within the bulb and these 3 dont even try and fire, kinda pissed now I have a crappy old yellow looking bulb and an old fiji purple that do not look good at all lol

Try leaving them running for a bit, and see if they finally kick in.  Or maybe there's a trick to jumpstarting them