44g Sps Dominant Beginning

Shooter000

HomeGrownFrags
WOW!! Tell me your secrets sensei
"KISS" method bud, "keep it simple stupid"
I Will always follow this rule, the more we add to our tanks that is man made, not natural, chemicals, quick fix products, will make our tanks rely on them, then once something goes wrong you won't know what the actual problem is, by keeping things to a minimal effort and making things easier on the hobbiest, we are more likely to do them and take action on problems, and if not it will lead to LRS (lazy reefer syndrome)

my reef tank consists of :
-200w Heater x2
-Skimmer rated for almost twice the size of my tank
-Powerhead's x3
-MarsAqua 300w 3' coral cooking light fixture
-2.5ml Acropower daily
-3ml Kents coralvite daily

Shooter000

HomeGrownFrags
Now that the file fish is gone ive started collecting zoos again, few shots of the new zoo crew, thx @Heywooood @Chef Katalifos

IMG_3800.JPG
IMG_3801.JPG
IMG_3799.JPG
IMG_3804.JPG
IMG_3802.JPG
IMG_3822.JPG

Josh

How high are your led's off the tank? Do you run them at full? Trying to decide which height to build my frag tank stand at but have limited room to place it. Thinking 12" off water but i know these things pump out the PAR. I have 3 of the 165w version so slightly different

Last edited:

Shooter000

HomeGrownFrags
How high are your led's off the tank? Do you run them at full? Trying to decide which height to build my frag tank stand at but have limited room to place it. Thinking 12" off water but i know these things pump out the PAR. I have 3 of the 165w version so slightly different
Fixture sits about 10" off the water LED's them selves are about 11", I run the blues at 90% and fullspectrum 20%, blues 12hrs, fullspectrum 4hrs, tank is 18" and yes they pump out some serious par!!, just be careful with algae problems having them to bright or to close, had to back the whites off because of this, these lights will grow anything and everything very well, good luck with the frag tank build bud,