44g Sps Dominant Beginning

Shooter000

HomeGrownFrags
Few more growth shots, about 2-3 months of growth for both pics..enjoy:)
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Couple shots of the new rock work on the right, opened it up a little in the centre..
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Shooter000

HomeGrownFrags
Few pics...
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
More tonight of just top water shots, some new additions added :). Also a fellow member must have some Bryopsis(no names) as I've developed a patch on one of my sps rocks, I am in the process of correcting this issue with the simplest of ways, no ripping or scrubbing, nor raising my mag levels to extreme highs since Bryopsis doesnt need high levels of phosphate or nitrates to grow, as it is a light processing algae, I am using food grade black plastic on the rock pinned down so no light can penetrate the rock, during this process I've been dosing hyrogen peroxide to eliminate any of the spores that come out of the dying algae, so far so good the algae is almost gone, with no new algeas anywhere else, the base of the sps is dead but the rest of that coral is doing great, still no ill effect to any coral using the HP, as I've used it in the past again with no coral losses, I will continue this process until I know it's gone, probably another week or so, if it works I will start a thread with pics of how I did it, ps this is why no FTS..

Last edited:

Kman

Super Active Member
Looking very nice. Those Confusa are nice but they grow like weeds in my tank. lol

Shooter000

HomeGrownFrags
For some reason I've never been able to keep confusa or spongodes(nano),all other SPS grew/grow good but them always parish!, so I thought I'd try the 44G, and wouldn't you know it, growing like a weed, other than the chalices taking a couple Swipes at it,lol

Last edited:

BigReefer

Super Active Member

Shooter000

HomeGrownFrags
wow is the best word that comes to mind on your amazing tank ... you forsure are doing many things write ...

I forgot what additives you said you added was it coral something??? and how much .. how often??
Thx bud, greatly appreciated

Only thing I'm using is: daily dose
TLF AcroPower-20 drops (2ml)
Kent's coralvite-15 drops (1.5ml)

Helps with -trace elements, vitamins, amino acids, Also helps keep other parameters higher between water changes
Kent's
image.jpg
AcroPower
image.jpg