44g Sps Dominant Beginning

Shooter000

HomeGrownFrags
image.jpg
Some New additions can you name any ;)

Kman

Super Active Member
You have lots of room as I still see some substrate. lol I like the rock work and it is coming along quite nicely.

Shooter000

HomeGrownFrags
You have lots of room as I still see some substrate. lol I like the rock work and it is coming along quite nicely.
Thx Kman, was a long process figuring out how I wanted the rock, not just a pile of rock, but more like Rock art work..and yes after the show there will be tons of room in the substrate for new goodies

Kman

Super Active Member
Taking it slow and sculpting your rock work is the way to go. It is not just the science behind the reef tank people need to learn but the Art of expression. The art of sculpting the flow of the tank and making it into your own creation. I like the flow of your rocks, mix of color and the nice open and up growth space your SPS corals can grow into. That is going to create a nice impact.

If you want to learn to smooth things out to stay away from the pile of rocks look here are some tips. Look for rocks that I call finishing stones. They are the ones with a unique shape that help to blend the rock lines into more natural formations between mutable rocks. They typically almost just click into place like they belong there. They are normally not good for foundation rocks that are good for propping up your rocks under the rock work. Foundation rocks are usually ugly, blunt, big and smooth with little shape. Those are best used below for a stable reef structure that you use to give your upper rock surface layer a solid structure to rest on. Look for the smaller attractive weird shaped stone's for the finishing stones. You should also try strategic placement of corals and factor in how they need to grow to smooth out the lines. When creating rockwork always factor in the rocks your corals are sitting on. If you forget to factor these in once you put the corals in they will not look right.

Keep up the good work.