90gal Sps And Zoa Garden (pic Heavy)

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
Well when you have to search through pages to find your tank thread it's time for an update lol. I know I pulled a chuck Norris lately and have been Mia but I'm still around unless I get eaten by a bear in Algonquin :eek:. Anyway even tho I lost a couple things while being caught up in all the madness majority has been growing like a weed so here's how things are looking at the moment.
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
I think I just had a cherry charms over load:), looking good buddy, keep a HDD for me when I'm able to get your way

When you come I got a new toy got me a pocket size stereoscope it sure comes handy checking out things too small to identify and wow an asterinas mouth is really scary looking lol and comes handy checking quality of other things hahaha

Scarily that's only half the rock of cherry charms :)

Luke.

Distinguished Member
Holy crap buddy ! I can't even believe it !! It's beautiful !:D let's keep it algee free ;):p jks, looks great man ! Can't wait to see it again

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
Holy crap buddy ! I can't even believe it !! It's beautiful !:D let's keep it algee free ;):p jks, looks great man ! Can't wait to see it again
I told ya there would be no algae within a month hahaha... My poor urchin relies on nori dropped by my tang just to survive :( I have little scratch marks on my lr where he Chomped the coralline lmao

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
Well when you have to search for your tank thread it's time for an update lol :) enjoy

Left side
image.jpeg

Right side
image.jpeg

Fts
image.jpeg

Still no water change :D pushing the boundary of reefing everyday :D :D

I remember when all the haters said it wasn't possible (AP that banned me first week for saying what I was gonna do is possible). They need to read more books and get off the net :D as for this forum everyone was interested and kman boost of support for sure helped. Gotta love the friendly tft crowd. No wonder more and more people come here and stay here. ITS THE BEST .

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
so without water changes do you dose im guessing? interesting approach, and it seems to be working well for you. congrats!

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
Well after many years on this site and even more in this hobby this year will be my last . Over the next month I will be going to check out and decide what large chunk of land in the middle of nowhere will become my new home and start the construction of a log cabin. Currently I'm in the process of completing my ORCKA canoe instructor certifications so that I can become a legal canoe and backpacking guide/instructor and shortly after that hunting and fishing as well once I jump through all the hoops for the government.

Being 8-10 hrs away and off grid it just doesn't make sense to attempt to move a tank and spend an extra $5000 on even more solar panels since my power is pretty much just going to be for fridge, freezer and some lights. I have been trying to get my backside back to the country for too long and now it is finally time. People think I'm crazy for wanting to live in the middle of nowhere but it's ok I think all you are even more crazy for wanting to stay in or close to a city lmao

One thing is for sure I'm gonna miss all you TFT addicts lol

Luke.

Distinguished Member
noooo Steve you can't go man you'll miss us to much and I know you won't visit :( .

I hope it all works out for you you're the most redneck backwoods guy I know ;) I'll miss ya buddy ! And if you want to donate any corals ... lol jk . But seriously that's a huge change but sounds like you have a solid plan ! Good luck my friend .

AdInfinitum

Super Active Member
Realistically our tanks are just a way for us to have a slice of nature in our lives when we are surrounded by concrete...that's why I like my tanks wild and overgrown with all manner of things...not all ordered and manicured with everything divided into pest...not pest...designer...etc.

You will not be needing that taste of the wild..... What you need to replace your tank with is a nice glass and chrome cabinet with some fine crystal glasses and a couple of bottles of single malt whiskey and cognac so you can have a taste of civilization every once in awhile.

When my Mother first started her career with the National Fisheries Research Board, she was a field biologist and lived in the bush in far Northern Ontario for much of the year gathering data and doing surveys...tents, small trailers...minimal power mainly for instrumentation and equipment....she says there was nothing like it....

Enjoy!!!

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
Realistically our tanks are just a way for us to have a slice of nature in our lives when we are surrounded by concrete...that's why I like my tanks wild and overgrown with all manner of things...not all ordered and manicured with everything divided into pest...not pest...designer...etc.

You will not be needing that taste of the wild..... What you need to replace your tank with is a nice glass and chrome cabinet with some fine crystal glasses and a couple of bottles of single malt whiskey and cognac so you can have a taste of civilization every once in awhile.

When my Mother first started her career with the National Fisheries Research Board, she was a field biologist and lived in the bush in far Northern Ontario for much of the year gathering data and doing surveys...tents, small trailers...minimal power mainly for instrumentation and equipment....she says there was nothing like it....

Enjoy!!!
Ya when your out there knowing nobody is around you just feel the stress melt away not to mention every view is relaxing