Any Rc Fans Around

What RC do you enjoy most

• Total voters

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
got the life boats ready.. even have orrs lol frigin things are only 3/4" long. thank god for tweezers.

20161115_114319.jpg

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
prop shaft and stuffing tube assembly and rudder and stuffing tube are now in place in the hull. Servo is hooked up mechanically to rudder controle arm, now just got to wait for online stuff to come to get it all running. I dont think i needed a 2.6kg force servo for a rudder but oh well like tim the toolman says "MORE POWER ARGH ARGH ARGH"

20161116_190328.jpg 20161116_190318.jpg 20161116_190306.jpg

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
Tick tock tick tock well still got about 3 weeks if not longer before rest of parts come from China. All the other details are done except what needs to be added after paint ( lifeboats and Davits) doesn't look bad but can't wait to get it painted. We will see how today goes. Here's where I'm at so far. Just listening to crickets chirp waiting for delivery an to ring doorbell. Kinda wish I spent the extra $25 on express shipping but then I'd get nailed with customs as well.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

nathan

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Wow looking good. You have put alot of work into this project

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
Wow looking good. You have put alot of work into this project

thanks and ya has been alot of work lol first time building a scratch working model with no blueprints. I just used pictures off the net and made it happen. If it were 2 inches longer it wouldnt even fit in my tub.

I have an old servo that broke a gear so im gonna rip it apart and use the board as a electronic on off switch and hook it up to a 5v relay so my led and smoke machine will be remotely controlled and have a separate power source from the motor and receiver. If i find a horn cheapthats going in as well but i may just make my own sound board. Also going to use a 555 timer chip so my signal lights flash at mast top and i can adjust the blink rate.

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
Opened my track17 app this morning and status changed. It says my package has been dispatched to overseas :) I don't usually get a tracking update ever in the first week usually it updates once it reaches Canada post. Now I will say that's just my led,resistor and wire order..... The other more important order with all the really needed hardware still has no info. Hopefully by tonight it gets updated as well.

I still can't believe how cheap banggood is. I know it's China and all and they make pretty well everything but jeez their prices are crazy cheap. Fingers crossed customs doesn't rape me!

4Hummer

Opened my track17 app this morning and status changed. It says my package has been dispatched to overseas :) I don't usually get a tracking update ever in the first week usually it updates once it reaches Canada post. Now I will say that's just my led,resistor and wire order..... The other more important order with all the really needed hardware still has no info. Hopefully by tonight it gets updated as well.

I still can't believe how cheap banggood is. I know it's China and all and they make pretty well everything but jeez their prices are crazy cheap. Fingers crossed customs doesn't rape me!

I normally don't incur custom fee's from Banggood as they ship regular postage.

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
Yay both packages are dispatched overseas but that's probably the last update till a knock on the door in a week or two. @4Hummer how long does your stuff usually take once dispatched overseas and did you get any more updates? My first time with banggood have two small orders and one really big lol am becoming a fan of the site tho

4Hummer

Hit and Miss. Sometimes a week, sometimes a Month.

I've been waiting over a month for my new Drone Shells (However they were ordered threw Ebay not Banggood, but still coming from China)

This time of year postage seems slower then normal.

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
Hit and Miss. Sometimes a week, sometimes a Month.

I've been waiting over a month for my new Drone Shells (However they were ordered threw Ebay not Banggood, but still coming from China)

This time of year postage seems slower then normal.

Yup damn christmas rush.

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
Got bored so painted the hull..... Looks like parts aren't coming till the new year :( all that's left is add the doors, rigging, finish soldering rails, add lifeboats and Davits. Worst part is can't drive much in a bath tub when I only got 2 inches to spare corner to corner lmfao.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

nathan

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Got bored so painted the hull..... Looks like parts aren't coming till the new year :( all that's left is add the doors, rigging, finish soldering rails, add lifeboats and Davits. Worst part is can't drive much in a bath tub when I only got 2 inches to spare corner to corner lmfao.
View attachment 11361
View attachment 11362
I live with in walking distance to Lake Huron and the St Clair river... ship it down to me and I'd be more than happy to test run it for ya!!!!:D

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
I live with in walking distance to Lake Huron and the St Clair river... ship it down to me and I'd be more than happy to test run it for ya!!!!:D

Lmao grand river isn't froze over yet.... Sure that will kill battery power fast in this cold I just wish I got fast shipping for the extra $20 but then I'd prob get hit with customs

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
Someone here has to have a hot tub....

It's 5 feet long lmao and can't turn super sharp it's a single prop tanker..... Think titanic lmao once everything is installed and I cut out my access points I have to seal it all so waves don't get in. I want to test it in some big waves anyone got a wave pool or ready to do a bunch of cannon balls lmao :D

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
Well ordered parts from banggood they split into three orders and being almost 2 months and not being here I had to complain. Surprisingly they sent me a refund pretty quick. Maybe they won't ask for a signature and I get it for free if it does come and it's not lost

Tomtopping

Was big into the t-maxx back in the day.Also had an hpi savage xl and couple shockwave boats. these days been playing around with dji phantom3 pro drone and love it